[𝔽𝕠𝕦𝕣]ℙ𝕒𝕣𝕥𝕟𝕖𝕣𝕤 𝕚𝕟 𝕔𝕣𝕚𝕞𝕖 𝕣𝕖𝕦𝕟𝕚𝕥𝕖𝕕

ISLA TOSSED and turned in bed that night

ISLA TOSSED and turned in bed that night. After Sully left, Isla had stayed up for a few hours just thinking. She knew hunting for Magellan's gold would be dangerous, she knew her trust issues would interfere as well, but they also could keep her safe. She wasn't sure if she could trust Sully. Isla was also willing to take the risk if that meant she'd see Jeremy again. If that meant she'd see Sam again. If that meant she also see..... A ding rung from her phone sat on the nightstand next to her bed. She sat up and saw the text was sent from an unknown number. Curiously, she clicked on it.

Nate's in too. It read.

She was seeing Nate again. Again, after what was nearing over a year. She wondered if he'd missed her as much as she had missed him. What she didn't know was that Sully had told Nate Isla was in, and it was only after that, that Nate had agreed. She didn't know the days Nate had spent thinking about her. Missing her. They lived in completely different parts of new york, living completely separate lives. But Nate knew a part of his heart would always beat for Isla Dalton. And a part of Isla Dalton's heart, beat for Nathan Drake.

Isla awoke to the sound of frantic banging at her door. She climbed out of bed cautiously and tip toed to the door. The knocking thundered throughout her apartment and she swung the door open.

He stood there. He stood in a blue T-shirt and jeans. Nothing exciting. Plain. His hands were tucked into his pockets and he looked up nervously at the girl standing in front of him. His eyes were filled with a variety of emotions, happiness, sorrow, longingness, love...

"Nate." Isla breathed. She was wearing what she slept in, a worn hoodie and athletic shorts. Her hair was thrown into a very messy bun and her eye makeup was still smudged from sleeping in it. But she was more beautiful than ever.
He studied her face. It was almost the exact same, but matured and she looked a young woman now. He noticed the few faint freckles sprinkled here and there. He noticed the faint scar that run across her face, through her eye brow and eye down to her cheek. It was faint but he remembered it and how she got it, he remembered.

"Hi." He breathed.
"I had to see you." Nate said. Isla stepped forward lightly and embraced him, he was much taller and no longer the scrawny kid he used to be. He was tall and handsome no doubt. He immediately hugged back. Squeezing the girl whom he had missed with every second he'd been apart from her, his whole heart swelled, just being able to see her let alone feel her touch again.

"What are you doing here? How'd you find me?" Isla asked. She had missed Nate with her whole heart. They'd lost contact a while back. Never again would they be apart for this long.
"I don't know, I just had to see you alone. Before we go on this gold hunt." Nate explained.
"I really missed you, Isla." He said, stepping forward to embrace her again.
"I missed you too, Nate."