[𝕊𝕖𝕧𝕖𝕟]𝕀 𝕤𝕚𝕞𝕡𝕝𝕪 𝕨𝕒𝕟𝕥𝕖𝕕 𝕥𝕠 𝕜𝕚𝕤𝕤 𝕙𝕖𝕣

"Santa Maria Del Pi. Saint Mary of the pine."

The four treasure hunters stood in front of the church, a gold sign with a design of the exact tree written in the 18's diary.

"This has to be it! You just might be geniuses!" Sully exclaimed, eyes glittering with excitement. He held up the journal, the picture matching exactly with the emblem on the church. Chloe raised her eyebrows in surprise and approval.

"Good work. I'll go see when we might have a private look inside." Chloe stated, walking off to talk with one of the nuns. Isla followed as well. Nate's gaze lingered on Isla who was walking away with Chloe.

"Whoa whoa whoa. You're not falling for your little miss loverbird already, are you? You can't let emotions get in the way." Sully warned, seeing Nate's gaze.

"Shut up, Sully. I'm not falling for her." He mumbled, face turning a bright red.

"And as for Chloe, she's not to be trusted, two minutes within knowing her, she stole the cross from you! Now, we gotta tell your little girlfriend she's gotta find a new best friend because Chloe seems to be warming up to her fast." Sully continued.

"Alright, shut up, they're coming back." Nate shushed.

"There's a midnight mass tonight. So, tomorrow is the earliest we can poke around." Isla explained, Chloe at her side.

"You got our gear at the house, right?" Sully asked Chloe, to which she nodded and told them to come along.

---\\---

The sun was setting into a golden light spilling all over the wood floors of the big house and shining the gold specks in the eyes of brown and shining all the different colors of Isla's brown hair.

Wine was poured into glasses and Isla sat on a tall chair, sipping the dark red wine. The four were sat in the room, discussing theories on how to use the keys.

"Trust in your fellow man for one will go to heaven and the other to hell." Chloe read out of the diary.

"Huh. Ironic considering the only reason the 18 had two keys was because they didn't trust each other." Isla scoffed.

"Good thing they didn't, or we wouldn't be here, right?" Sully said, raising his glass in forms of a toast. "Like one big happy family."
The four toasted and Nate guzzled his wine, quickly downing it.

"Hey, kid. Slow down alright? That's vintage wine. You might wanna just savor it." Sully stated, watching Nate down it and finish it.
"Or chug it down, like you're on spring break." Isla chuckled as Nate chugged his wine.

---\\---

Hours later, Nate and Isla explored the house and found more wine. Both had a very high tolerance of alcohol, so they indulged in some more wine.

"Hey, you think she's okay?" Sully wondered aloud.

"Who?" Isla asked.

"My cat!" Sully stated, worried.

"You have a cat?" Chloe asked, brow furrowed. Nate and Isla smiled, knowingly.

"The man from the app said he was gonna feed her, but he didn't text me back yet." Sully grumbled, genuine concern upon his face.

"I dunno what's cuter. Your concern or the fact that you said, 'the man from the app'." Nate teased.

"Stop." Sully groaned, rolling onto his side to sleep. Isla sighed and set down her glass of wine.

"I need some air." She stated and began to walk out of the room. Nate followed behind her.

Isla lent over the balcony rail, starring out at the city lights.

"You okay?" Nate's voice rang out from behind her. She turned around to see the boy standing behind her, her shoulders untensed a bit at the sight of him.

"Just thinking." She sighed.

"Wanna talk?" He offered, caringly.

"I just feel like.... my entire life was leading up to this. But in all honesty I'm scared. I'm scared to lose what I have now. I'm scared it's all gonna get out of hand. I feel like my life is spiraling and if I don't do this.... than what have I been working towards? But I'm so scared." Isla said, almost in a whisper and pain in her voice. "Sometimes I feel like I'm not even here."

Nate blinked back tears.

"You are here. Isla, you're worth more than you know. If I could change the way you see yourself... if I could have you see yourself in my eyes, you wouldn't second guess yourself. You mean a lot to me, you aren't gonna lose me." He whispered, taking his best friend's hand.

"Sometimes I just question what I was even made for. Like I have no purpose. I think this gold hunt is just me trying to prove to myself that I'm meant to do something. I don't know, I've felt alone my whole life and for some reason, now I don't want to lose everything I have. Nate, I don't wanna lose you again." Isla spoke.

"Trust me, I'm not letting that happen. I just got you back, I'm not gonna be letting you go anytime soon." Nate chuckled. "You were made for more than you. Made for more than just loneliness and gold. I guess it's just up to you to decide what your meant to do." Nate sighed

"Wow, never heard such smart words from you." Isla sniffed, chuckling a bit.

"You make me smart." He responded with a smile.

"I think you do that yourself." Isla smiled. If only she knew how much she's shown me, if only she could see herself the way I see her... Nate thought.

"I'm glad we found eachother again." Nate said.

"Me too, Nate. Me too." Isla smiled. She leaned her back against the rail and Nate placed his hands on each side of her. They were dangerously close. His eyes drifted down to her lips. Butterflies erupted; sparks were flying.

Their faces, their lips inches away. Inches.

Nate began to lean forward, heart racing, Isla knowing what was about to happen she began to let herself sink into the heartfelt moment.

Just as their lips were about to touch, a voice rang out, making them jump apart.

"Didn't think I'd be back to see this."

Isla jumped back and whirled around to see a matching set of blue eyes, starring back at her. Her breath was taken away as she gasped. She never thought she'd see those eyes again. But here they were in front of her. Isla gaped at the figure in front of her.

"Hey Isla."