[𝔼𝕝𝕖𝕧𝕖𝕟]𝔻𝕣𝕠𝕨𝕟𝕚𝕟𝕘

Helplessness. That was a word that Isla was rarely to never described as. And it was also a word that she hated to feel. 

Ever since she could remember, the feeling of helplessness crept up on Isla like a ghostly shadow, always haunting her. From the moment her parents left, to Jeremy leaving, to Sam leaving, to all of the moments and memories where she truly was helpless. Isla hated it. Isla hated it because it felt like drowning. 

And Isla was terrified of drowning. Drowning in water, or drowning in her own thoughts. She'd only ever been close to drowning in her own thoughts, her mental struggles dawning upon her at point in her life. 

But never had she choked on water, feeling it rise up until there was no air to breath. 

Until then. 

"Shit! Oh my god!" Isla swore, feeling the water rising up above her knees. 

"Okay this has gotta be a test, right?" Nate exclaimed frantically. 

"What did the journal say?" Isla shouted back, panic setting in.

"Trust in your fellow man, for one shall go to heaven and the other to hell." Nate read, stress straining his voice. Isla's eyes suddenly widened as the realization kicked in. She did not want to die in this murky water underground. 

"Oh my god- JEREMY!" She yelled into the earpiece. Nate did the same, shouting the three's names over and over, knowing their lives depended on the ones up above. "Sully! Jeremy! Chloe! There's gotta be a keyhole up there somewhere to open this door! You have to hurry otherwise, our ass is grass, we're drowned dead!" Isla yelled. 

"We are literally in a Papa Johns right now." Sully responded. 

"We're running out of time!" Nate yelled back as he felt the water rising. 

"Please just hurry, goddammit!" Isla added frantically. 

"Isla, you're gonna be fine, we're looking for the keyhole!" Jeremy responded, his heart beginning to race. 

"Hang on!" Chloe added. Jeremy's eyes locked on a glassed off wall, with an obvious keyhole. He ran forward, politely pushing a table where a couple sat away. He lifted up a chair, not hesitating before trying to break the glass, Sully did the same, in the commotion of it all, the two didn't realize Chloe had slipped away. That's when trouble hit. Braddock stood, a gun pointing towards Jeremy and Sully. 

"Give me the cross." She spoke, her sharp gaze never leaving the two as her finger laid on the trigger. Sully placed the cross in arms reach of Jo Braddock's hand. Just when she was about to grab it, Sully dropped it, Jeremy quickly disarming the gun from Braddock's hands and the two men backed up, Jeremy standing in front of Sully with the gun.

 "Come on, Sully? After all we've been through? You're gonna let this handsome young fellow shoot me?" Braddock pretend pouted slyly. Jeremy rolled his eyes, shooting the glass behind her, determined to get to that keyhole and save his sister. 

"Hurry!" Nate shouted, through the earpiece. 

"Shut up, we're working on it." Sully hissed. Slowly reaching for the cross as Jeremy still pointed the gun at Braddock. 

"We'll shut up when we're out of here!" Isla shot back. 

"Working on it Isles. You're not drowning today." Jeremy reassured his sister, without taking his sharp glare or gun point off of Braddock.