[𝔽𝕚𝕗𝕥𝕖𝕖𝕟] 𝕎𝕙𝕒𝕥 𝕕𝕒𝕟𝕘𝕖𝕣𝕤 𝕝𝕚𝕖 𝕒𝕙𝕖𝕒𝕕

Isla sighed deeply, peeling her eyes open, taking in the sunlight of the open curtains.

She looked up to see the him laying there next to her. Eyes already open. Those eyes glanced down at her and smiled.

"Morning." Nate spoke, his morning voice low and gruff from sleep.

"Morning." Isla smiled. She remembered the night before and the events of it with a fond smile on her face.

"All yours." Nate replied. Isla pressed her lips onto his, kissing him deeply and letting his tongue explore her mouth and the kiss deepened.

Isla leaned forward, climbing onto his lap as he held her hips in place, while she sat straddling him.

The effects of the alcohol they'd consumed as a celebration after their discovery of the location of the gold, gave Isla the surge of confidence.

Islas heartbeat pounded in her chest when she felt Nate press forward more forcefully and passionately into the kiss.

Nate's hand gently held her neck while she let the other hand trail up her shirt slightly, as her remembered to mind and be careful of the wound on her arm. She ran her hands through his soft brown hair as their lips moved in sync.

"Is this okay?" Nate whispered in between kisses.

"More than okay." Isla nodded, sinking into the kiss once more.

Nate gently tilted her head, beginning to trail kissed down her jaw and to the sweet spot on her neck.

Isla sucked in a breath of air, feeling Nate press open mouth kisses along her neck. It was heaven to her.

Nate placed his lips back on to hers, and instinctively, Isla felt herself tugging on his shirt which at some point came off.

Isla's brain was foggy but she could feel herself begin to peel off her own shirt and place her lips back onto Nate's when the Drake boy suddenly pulled back.

"What's wrong? Too much?" Isla asked.

"No. No. I mean, I'm loving it but..." Nate trailed off. "Is this what you really want?"

"Yeah.." Isla trailed off as well.

"C'mon, Isles, I know you." Nate said seeing something off in her eyes.

"I just... don't want to lose you. Tomorrow anything could happen and I.... I just want one perfect moment with you in case something happens." Isla admitted.

"Nothing is going to happen tomorrow. We're both getting out of this and you're not losing me, Isla." Nate said. "And when this is all over, I'm going to take you on a proper date. Only if you want though."

Isla chuckled. "Of course I'd like that, dummy." She whispered, pressing a light kiss to Nate, her best friend, her love's, lips.

The two shared one last sweet kiss and laid down in bed together.

Sleep finally took over and the two drifted off into the best sleep either of them had had in a while. In each others arms, nothing felt better.

"Hey guys!" Jeremy's voice echoed, grabbing their attention. "Chloe's gone." Jeremy spoke when the two emerged into the living room area.

I'm sorry, guys. I'm sorry Isla. I like you. I really do. But I learned the hard way the minute you start to trust someone, you lose.

All that was left of her was a letter she left.

"Yeah well too bad she's headed in the wrong direction." Isla chuckled. It was all a set up, they planted fake coordinates, thinking something like this might happen and they'd hidden the real coordinates.

——///——

Isla was packing up her limited amount of item and getting ready to leave when her brother stepped into the room.

"Hey." Jeremy spoke.

"Hey. What's up?" Isla asked, as her brother sat on the bed, seemingly deep in thought.

"Are you and Nate like.... A thing now?" He asked. Isla paused.

"I- I don't know." Isla stuttered. Jeremy raised an eyebrow. "We kissed last night." Isla admitted. Jeremy gasped.

"While I was a mere door down!? Scandal. Dirty people, I tell ya." Jeremy scoffed, sarcasm in his voice.

"Oh shut up!" Isla laughed, throwing a pillow at him. Jeremy laughed and it faded quickly as thought fell across his face.

"Listen, Isla, I know I missed a lot. I missed getting to see you grow up, I wasn't there for a lot. But I promise once this is all over, if you'll let me, I'll stay apart of your life and never you leave again. You're my family, we're Daltons and we stick together til the end." Jeremy spoke.

"I know, Jere." Isla whispered, taking a seat next to her big brother.

"I'll never leave again." Jeremy Dalton said with tears in his eyes.

"I know you won't. I believe it." Isla said, feeling tears in her own eyes well up.

"When we get the gold, we're gonna build a good life. You and Nate can get married or whatever and-" Jeremy chuckled.

"It's a bit early to be thinking about marriage." Isla laughed. "But if and when I do.... Do you- would you... I dunno, walk me down the aisle?"

"Of course. Obviously I'll walk you down the aisle and I can't wait. Seriously though, I'm glad you have each other." Jeremy said.

"Me too, Jere. Me too." Isla nodded. I'm

"When we're finished with this insane treasure hunt, what do you say we pack up and travel to Santa Fe and then Monaco?" Jeremy piped up.

Isla smiled fondly. All throughout their childhood the siblings had promised that one day when they were grown, had money and were out of the orphanage, they'd travel to Santa Fe and then Monaco right after. It had been their dream places, dream plan to do.

"Promise?" Isla said, holding out her pinky.

"Hell yeah. Promise." Jeremy smiled, linking pinkies.

"I know you give yourself a hard time for not being there. But I understand, I really do. I'm not bitter about it. You're a good brother. You're my only family. I love you, man. I know things will be different once we're done with this wild hunt for gold." Isla spoke.

"I love you, even if you're my pain in the ass little sister, Isles. Things are gonna be different, just you wait and see. Once we got this gold, we're all gonna have the best life." Jeremy said. And Isla believed it.

The group braced themselves for whatever dangers lay ahead.