[𝕋𝕨𝕖𝕝𝕧𝕖]𝔾𝕠𝕟𝕖

Nate and Isla continued their journey farther into the darkness and the winding tunnels until they came across a rather large wooden trap door with an obvious place for their cross key to be nestled.

"What a reoccurring theme." Isla mused. "Got the key?" Nate nodded and handed her the golden cross. Isla inserted it only to twist it endlessly, seeing quickly that it was no fit. 

"You sure you're okay?" Nate asked, concerned for the girl who'd nearly drowned a few minutes prior. 

"Doing just peachy." Isla stated. "Jeremy, Sully, we're missing something, see if you can find anything up there." She spoke. 

"Can't get the grate up." Sully grunted. 

"I think they mean ditch the grate and look for somethin else." Jeremy deadpanned with a slight chuckle. 

"Geez whizz, genius." Sully said. They could practically hear the eyeroll through the ear piece. The Dalton boy began to look around, Sully doing the same until the two men came across something unmistakable. A carving on the side of a fountain, matching the exact golden crosses in hand.

"I think I get it." Jeremy breathed. 

"We think it's the two keys put together." Sully spoke. 

"Throw the key down!" Nate called up. 

"What? You two think you're gonna double cross us!? No way, especially since Chloe disappeared like five minutes ago! How do I know this aint some game you're playin!" Sully hissed defensively. Jeremy gave him a side eye and shook his head, chuckling. 

"You want the pretty key or the goddamn gold, Victor?" Isla spoke, sarcasm filling her voice with attitude. 

"I dunno man, the pretty key sounds pretty tempting." Jeremy joked, the same Dalton sarcasm in his own voice. 

"Quiet, smart guy." Isla snarked. Sully bent down to the grate. 

"I'm comin down there for this. Hear me? You aren't gonna play me." Sully hissed. 

"Typical Sully. Rather lose the gold than-" Jeremy began but stopped when he heard a clank of the key falling down the grate. "Huh, would you look at that sunshine?" Jeremy sneered.

"Thank you!" Isla called up. Isla tossed Nate the key and he swiftly caught it, placing the two keys together to make a ladder shape. He cautiously walked over to the trap door, placing it in the keyhole. 

"Ready?" He asked. 

"Ready as I'll ever be." Isla shrugged.

"Just- take cover, yeah?" Nate suggested. "Watch out for flying arrows." He chuckled, half joking. Isla crouched down, placing a light hand on Nate's shoulder, sending shivers down his body at the touch of skin. His lips twitched up in a small smile like they always did when she was near. Nate twisted the key and at the click, gears and moving parts in the door began to move. Nate stood at the door inspecting it for a few seconds. "Did you see that?" 

"What're you waiting for?" Isla grinned. Before Nate could respond, the Dalton girl kicked open the door, causing it to fall down and the two crouched down to see the other side. 

"What's happening?" Sully asked through the ear piece. 

"We found it." Isla and Nate chorused at the same time. 

"Is the gold there? Talk to us!" Sully asked frantically. 

"We're in an old roman storehouse." Isla spoke, taking in the dimly lit surroundings. There were gigantic at least seven to eight-foot-tall pots or urns of some kind lined all around the room.