Stefania's Twins

Stefania POV

"Be good both of you," I warned, playfully wagging my finger between my twins.

"Si mama," Ilaria nodded obediently, always my angel girl.

"Rocco?" I said seriously.

"I'll be good mama," he said, his big brown eyes looking up at me innocently.

"Hmm we'll see," I said, raising my eyebrows before ringing the doorbell.

"Hiiiii," Danielle squealed excitedly when she opened the door.

Her smile was wide and her eyes sparkling as she greeted us.

"Ahh my babies," she grinned, crouching down and opening her arms wide.

Rocco and Ilaria happily stepped forward and allowed Danielle to pull them both into a big hug.

"So happy you could come, come on through," she said, standing back up and holding open the door for us.

I followed the twins into Danielle's house.

"Everyone's in the garden, go say hi," she smiled.

The six year olds made their way through and headed towards the back door, knowing the way as they were frequent visitors to Danielle's.

"Can I get you a drink?" Danielle asked, making her way to the fridge.

"I've got your favourite kombucha?" She added, noticing me pause to think.

"Oooo si bellina," I smiled.

I watched admiringly as she prepared a glass with ice and poured my drink.

"I've got the juice that the twins like too," she said, handing me the glass.

"Grazie bella," I said softly.

"How's Rocco doing?" She asked, leaning against the counter.

"No more incidents this week, his teacher gives me a daily update now," I sighed, knowing my boy was the class trouble maker.

"That's good though, a whole week is a good achievement," she said positively.

"Si a whole week of not hurting another child or talking back to the teacher," I said sarcastically.

"At least Ilaria is an angel," she laughed.

"Si I got one of each, an angel and a little devil," I joked.

"They're both amazing," she smiled warmly.

"I think so too," I said, lowering my gaze a little to meet hers.

We held the stare for a moment longer than usual and in those few seconds, I felt heat rise to my face.

"Ermm shall w-we head outside?" Danielle stuttered after a moment.

"S-si," I nodded, clearing my throat.

I followed her through her house and out the double doors to find Barrett and Jay hanging by the BBQ while Jason grilled and Ilaria and Rocco running round the garden with Macy's kids.

"Hey Spampi," Jason waved, holding the spatula in the air.

"Ciao," I waved to the small crowd.

"Mama look," Ilaria called, getting my attention to show me a cartwheel.

"Brava bambina," I smiled, taking a seat by Macy and Maddi.

"Rocco, Ilaria, come say hi," Danielle shouted, bringing out her new puppy.