Pippa loses her parents 3

TW- eating disorder.

Danielle POV

I was still talking on the phone but felt Pippa begin to stir, her head still resting on my lap as she slept. She'd only been asleep for about 40 minutes but it was better than nothing.

"Okay yes I understand,"

"Yes thank you so much,"

"Hmm hmm yeah, I'll email all my information over this evening,"

"Yep thank you, speak soon,"

I hung up.

"Dani?" Pippa said, her voice croaky.

"I've got you bubs," I said softly, placing my phone down and helping her to sit up.

Pippa turned to face me, her eyes still so swollen from crying.

"Oh sunshine you look pale," I sighed, holding my hand against the side of her face.

"Stefania got you some snacks, do you want anything Pip?" I asked.

She glanced over to where Stef had set everything down but shook her head.

"Not yet," she said quietly.

"Soon though Pippa, you've gone well over 24 hours now," I said seriously.

"I know," She replied sadly.

"Pip?" I said calmly, tilting her head up to look at me.

"I've just been on the phone to your social worker," I said, hoping she wouldn't freak out.

"What?!" She said, jumping up from the sofa.

"What did she say?"

"What's happening to me?"

"Where do I need to go?"

"Woah sweetheart, calm down. Pippa I need you to take a breath for me," I said slowly.

"What if I can't see you?" She cried.

"Hey hey bubba, I really need you to calm down so Danielle can explain," I instructed, reaching out for her.

She nodded, taking a few steps towards me. I took her hands and looked up at her as I saw still sat on the sofa.

"Look at me hunny," I whispered.

"Look at Danielle," I repeated.

"I've just been talking to your social worker. She was very nice and understood how much shock you must be in. She doesn't want to make things any harder than they need to be alright?" I began explaining.

Pippa nodded, stray tears still escaping down her cheeks.

"I tried to enforce how close we were, I tried to explain that I'm more than just a co-worker," I added.

"Danielle I'm scared," Pippa whimpered.

"I know bubs, come here," I said, reaching for her and pulling her across my lap and securely wrapped my arms around her.

I held her head to my chest and kissed the top of her head.

"I asked if I could become a temporary guardian Pippa," I told her, a little nervous myself for her reaction.

"What!" She gasped, lifting her head off my boobs to turn and look at me.

"If it's not what you want, I don't have to be bubs," I explained.

"No I wanna stay with you," Pippa spoke quickly.

"Are you sure?" I asked seriously, removing the hair from in front of her face.