Pippa loses her parents 4

Danielle POV

Pippa has been staying with me for about 4 days now. Stefania and I took her back to the doctors the other day just to double check she didn't have any injuries from the accident.

She was fine except from a few scratched and bruises. It was more her mental health the doctor and I were concerned about as well as her lack of appetite.

But it had only been 4 days.

It was going to take time.

"Hey baby girl," I smiled, looking up from my phone and seeing Pippa in the doorway of my bedroom.

She stood with messy bed hair, holding her bear to her chest with one hand and sleepily rubbing her eyes with her other fist.

"Come cuddle bubs," I said, patting the free space beside me where Stefania would usually be if she hadn't had to be in work early.

Our little secret that Pippa had now been welcomed in on. With her staying with me, it wasn't possible to hide anymore.

"Stef?" Pippa questioned as she made her way towards me.

"Stefania's already in work Pippie, we'll join her later," I explained, pulling back the covers and helping her climb up next to me.

Her face dropped a little as she nodded.

"It's okay bub, we'll go see her soon," I assured her.

I wrapped my arm around the young teen and smiled to myself as she moved to get comfy and lay her head down on my chest. Having just woken up myself, I was still in pyjama shorts and strappy top, practically half naked. Not that myself or Pippa had a problem with that.

She nuzzled her head against my chest and brought her hand up to cling onto my top.

I kissed the top of her had gently.

"How did you sleep babe?" I asked her, running my fingers through her hair.

I felt her shrug, offering no verbal reply.

"You've got time for at least another hour sweetheart, why don't you try to sleep in here?" I suggested.

She rolled her face into my boobs, shaking her head and gripping onto my shirt tighter.

"Shhh hey it's alright. I'll be here," I told her firmly.

"Dani's not going anywhere," I added, attempted to loosen the grip she had on my clothes.

"Do you want a drink Pippie? Would that help?" I offered.

"N-no," she whined, clearly still exhausted.

"Oh bubs, we need to get you back to sleep," I said, more to myself than to Pips.

"Danielle tired," she cried, sounding more like a 2 year old than an 11.

"Shhh I know. I know baby girl," I soothed, wiping away her fresh tears.

"Do you want to try the milk from the doctors  again?" I asked her a little apprehensively, knowing she wasn't very keen on the supplement drinks she'd been prescribed.

She tilted her head up to look at me, biting down on her lip nervously.

"We can try bubs?" I said again, encouraging her to have a go as it would probably settle her instantly.

Her small hand pulled on my shirt, a silent sign that she was agreeing.

"Okay, I'll go grab one. I won't be a moment," I said, quickly unwrapping my arm from around her and climbing out of bed.

I took the strawberry flavoured bottle from the fridge and gave it a shake as I made my way back to my bedroom.

I climbed back in and lent back against the top of the bed, letting Pippa get comfortable against me again. Manoeuvring her slightly, I managed to almost cradle her in my arm so she could face me, her head resting against my boob. 

I frowned as I notice her breathing start to increase, her arm and hands unable to remain still and relaxed.

"It's okay. It's okay," I assured her, noticing her try and turn to hide against me.

"Come on sunshine settle down for me," I said calmly.

I took hold of her hand and guided it to my chest, I lay it flat against my the skin of my boob and noticed how Pippa almost immediately stopped fighting me.

"Shhhh good girl Pip," I whispered softly.

I gave her a few minutes to regulate before opening the supplement bottle.

"Can you try for Dani?" I asked, holding the drink out to her.

I knew how important it was that we got her to drink these at the moment seeing how food had become a constant battle with her again.

Initially she was a little reluctant to take it, turning again to hide her face.

"Ahh ahh no bubba. Do you want me to hold it instead?" I suggested.

She nodded against me, turning her face slowly back. I placed the top of it close to her mouth, encouraging her to latch onto it.

"Come on baby," I whispered, more in desperation to myself.

She finally let me place it in her mouth and I let out a breath I didn't even know I was holding as she began to drink. I felt her relax against me even more and knew that despite not wanting the drinks, Pippa knew she needed this.

I smiled as her hand gently held onto me, her getting comfort from me and the milk. She'd not had this in so long, maybe even ever.

I held back tears as I held this broken little girl in my arms. She was so many different ages. She was 11, you're regular little funny preteen. But she was also 18, a girl going through so much grief, losing both her parents and dealing with so much trauma. And she was also a baby, still waiting for someone to come along and look after her the way she needed all those years ago.

I felt her move her hand from my boob to my hair and smiled as she began playing with it. I let her do whatever she needed to do, knowing she was also getting used to the change in dynamic of our relationship.

I stroked her cheek, smiling down at the young girl who needed me so badly to comfort her.
She caught my eye and looked up adoringly, her lips forming a small smile around the bottle when her gaze met mine.

"Is it okay bubba?" I asked, running my fingers up and down her nose.

She nodded slightly and after a while she unlatched herself from the drink but remained attached to my me, she nuzzled in further and closed her eyes.

"Get some sleep baby. Dani's here, I've got you" I told her again.

As she began to fall back asleep on me, I watched as  Pippa opened her mouth, almost tiredly searching for the milk. Knowing she wanted it purely for comfort and not to drink, I softly stroked my finger over her cheek. Much to my relief, her eyes began to slowly close.

"Good girl bub, go back to sleep for Danielle," I soothed.

I lay with her, wanting to keep her settled for as long as possible. After about ten minutes, my phone started to vibrate, Stefania was FaceTiming me.

"Hi babe," I whispered when she popped up on screen.

"Why you whispering?" She replied quietly.

I tilted my phone down to show her Pippa asleep on my chest.

"Ahhh the bambina," Stef cooed.

"Is she alright?" Stefania asked.

"She will be," I sighed, gently squeezing Pippa close.

Authors note

I love Pippa chapter but always welcome your requests and suggestions ☺️