Help Me Miss Savre 3

Tw- mention of sh

Danielle POV

"Free period Savre?" Leon the PE teacher asked as he made a cup of coffee in the lounge.

"Yeah, I told the debate team they could practice in my classroom this afternoon, they've got a competition this Friday," I told him, finishing marking the last few books I had with me.

"You're a better person than me Dani, giving up your room," I laughed.

"I don't mind, they're a good group of kids  I'll have to go get another set of books in a minute though,"

Before either of us could continue with our conversation, shouting could be heard coming from the Math block just by the teachers lounge.

"GET OUT OF MY CLASSROOM,"

"THAT'S THE LAST TIME YOU SPEAK TO ME LIKE THAT,"

"WAIT OUT THERE,"

Leon and I looked at each other awkwardly, hating whenever a teacher spoke like that to a student regardless of the situation.

"John's been in a bad mood all day. Wouldn't have taken much to get him to this point," Leon sighed.

"DID YOU HEAR ME YOUGN LADY?"

"LOOK AT ME WHEN I'M TALKING TO YOU,"

Nothing would stop John when he got like this. Nothing the kid could do or say would reduce his rage.

"I'm just gonna go make sure everything's alright," I said, leaving my things where they were.

"Good luck," Leon smirked.

I rolled my eyes at him and headed out into the corridor. I turned the corner, following the sound of John's booming voice until I reached his classroom.

I couldn't quite see who the student was until I got closer and he stepped to one side.

My stomach flipped.

Serena.

What could she have possibly done to deserve this telling off?

"Everything alright here Mr Fisher?" I asked making my presence known.

"Ahh Miss Savre, you know this one don't you? She cause this much trouble in your lessons?" He asked, flipping his hand in Serena's direction.

Her face was blank, her gazed fixed on the wall. She looked as though she was using every muscle she had to keep from either crying, screaming or simply exploding with rage.

"There's never been any trouble before Mr Fisher no, is there anything I can help with?" I asked, hoping he'd calm down.

"She's rude, she's arrogant, she doesn't listen, her work is lazy," he rambled on, my heart breaking for Serena hearing him talk about her like this.

"And then she has the nerve to call out other students when they offer to help her," he scoffed.

"They weren't helping," Serena said, her voice low, anger obviously there.

"See, rude,"

"You have no idea what they were saying," Serena fought back, unable to maintain control any longer.

"You were too busy googling god knows what on your laptop," Serena shouted.

I was proud of her for defending herself but knew she had to rein it in to prevent her ending up in any more trouble.

"HOW DARE YOU SPEAK TO ME LIKE THAT," John raged, Serena visibly flinching back away from him.

I instinctively reached for her, moving her to stand in front of me, my hand resting on her shoulder.