~3~

The following morning, Will Turner was weaving his way around the crewmen with his head down. After discovering the mysterious woman's angelic presence on board the Flying Dutchman, Will was determined to speak to her and perhaps gain some kind of information on the crew, or captain of the Flying Dutchman himself.

He could see Davy Jones standing beside the helmsman, staring out at the vast sea ahead with pride, and at his side was the ghostly woman. She clung to his side, but not out of fear, and she was staring up at the menacing captain with the same adoring look from the night before.

How can a woman ever love a beast like him? Will thought to himself bitterly. The captain's arm was wound tightly around her waist, as well, with his claw hand resting on the railing. The woman was surveying the deck as the crew went bustling about, manning the sails and playing a dice game, while some others began a brawl with the lesser members of the crew.

The woman then tugged at Jones' coat, catching the captain's attention before pointing down at the growing fight. Jones' scowl deepened when he saw his disobedient crewmen, but before he could lunge at them the woman placed her hand on his chest.

She whispered something to the captain with a sly smile on her face, but Will was too far away to hear what. She then pulled away from the captain and made her way down the stairs towards the scuffle. Perhaps I can get her alone, Will thought

He started forward as the woman sauntered over to the growling men, keeping his head lowered still. "What are you doing, son?" The sound of his father's voice made Will jump in fright, and he turned to see his father shuffling over to his side. 

"I must speak with her, father. She may be able to help with my goal," Will pleaded, turning to leave again. Bootstrap grabbed his son by the arm and stopped him, making Will turn back to spit out a protest. Bootstrap, however, just flicked his gaze over at the silenced brawl, and Will turned back. 

"What is going on here?" the woman asked calmly, standing at the center of the circle. Each man lowered their heads in her presence, averting their gaze as she crossed her arms. "We was playin' a game o' Liar's Dice, y'see, and he accused me o' lyin' when I wasn't! Then 'e called me a stupid mongrel!" the first man whined, pointing an accusing finger at another man.

The second man was being held back by some of the other men, as was the first man, but he did his best to fight against their hold. "You was lyin'! And you was losin' anyway cause yer rotten at this game! Ain't no reason to 'it me - if ya call that a punch, you throw 'em like a girl!" he yelled angrily.

At that both men attempted to lunge for each other again, but with a simple wave of the woman's hand, they were both encased in the same faint glow. "Now...that's no way for grown men to act, is it?" the woman asked innocently.

Her head was tilted to the side in curiosity as she asked the question, then she shifted her gaze to the gathered crew. Each man shook his head quickly in response, as though they were all being asked, and the two men stared off into nothing in embarrassment as they grumbled.

Will glanced up at Davy Jones, who was still standing beside the helm with a smug smirk on his face, but his gaze was warm as he stared at the woman. She then lifted her hand slowly, which made both crewmen lift into the air as well and begin to struggle in her hold.

The woman looked up at Davy Jones, and Will could catch a glimpse of her piercing blue eyes that sent a shiver down his spine. She then curled her fist tightly, and suddenly the heads of the captured crewmen exploded, making every man jump back in fright. "No...I didn't think so."

Will felt his blood run cold as he watched the woman toss the bodies into the ocean, and he turned to look at his father. Bootstrap had a solemn look on his face when he returned his son's gaze, and he pursed his lips. "Spending her time with Davy Jones, she has become a dangerous creature. No one can get close to her if he is not the captain," he warned.