~17~

Enid was then placed in chains and locked away on board of the HMS Endeavour. Beckett, or 'Lord' Beckett as the crewmates called him, had her placed in his quarters with him. He was circling a table in the middle of the room, which held a giant globe and a map of some sorts.

"And just what do you plan on doing with me here?" she asked him from where she sat in the corner of the room. Beckett glanced up at her for a moment before returning to his map, making Enid frown. "You are of no importance to me, Ms. Hastings, truth be told," he admitted.

"I prefer to go by Jones now, actually, thank you," she spat, her wings fluttering. Beckett scoffed in disbelief but didn't look back up at her. "I still believe Beckett would suit you most," he told her. Enid gagged at the thought and shook off a disgusted shudder that passed through her.

"That was 1000 years ago and another lifetime, where I thought you were ever qualified to be a husband," she muttered bitterly. "Oh gods, you still can't be upset about that? Look what it's done for you - swimming with the fish in the sea and flying up in the clouds. Gods woman, what have you done to yourself?" he taunted in disgust.

Enid yanked against her chains and snarled at the ship captain, but he merely ignored her. I must get out of here... Enid glanced up at the door when two men entered the room, and each of them shot her shocked and wary glances.

While one man spoke quietly with Beckett, the second man spoke up. "Sir...i-is it wise to keep a woman on board? They are known to bring bad luck," he said. Enid grinned in anticipation at the fear in the man's voice and sat up in excitement, her wings fluttering once more. 

"Oh yes, we bring terrible luck to sailors - especially banshees," she hissed. The man gasped and took a step towards the cabin doors, making Enid sit up even more. "We're omens of death, you know. Keep me on board...and I'll see that each of your souls are ripped from your lifeless bodies and are doomed to roam for eternity in Davy Jones' Locker," she spat hatefully.

"That is enough now, Ms. Hastings," Beckett spat. He produced his sword and aimed it down at the table, and Enid gasped when she spotted a beating pouch. "I don't think you'd want to continue speaking, if you know what's good for you," he sneered with a smirk. 

"No!" she yelled in protest, pulling again on the chains. Her own chest tightened in pain at the sight, which brought tears to her eyes. That did not go unnoticed by Beckett, and he shooed his man away. "No, I did not think so..." 

He slowly approached the trapped siren, who hissed at him but backed away from his sword. "No wonder you've adopted this new lifestyle, swimming off into the sea...you found yourself a new man, haven't you? You wench," he snarled.

He placed his sword under her chin and lifted her head up so that she may look at him. "You disgust me," he spat. When he pulled his sword away, it left a thin cut across Enid's chin, but she did not react and felt the wound heal instantly. 

"What is your purpose with the heart? You plan on ruling the sea for yourself, as though it would restore the manhood you lost? Sorry, never had?" she snapped, grinning smugly when Beckett grimaced. "I plan on doing exactly, my dear," he declared, walking back to his table. 

"No amount of effort will restore you anything or grant you anything, you stupid mongrel," Enid immediately spat back, snickering. Beckett simply ignored her again and continued to inspect the map, making Enid frown. Another man entered the cabin, casting her yet another glance. 

Beckett gathered up the pouch and tied it off, eyeing Enid as he did so. "Take this vile thing to the Dutchman and keep it locked in its chest, so that this one may not get her dirty little hands on it," Beckett commanded the man, handing him the pouch.