~5~

Just as I suspected. Later that night, once Davy Jones was put to rest in his quarters, Enid took to hiding in the darkest corner of his cabin. She awaited the young boy's arrival, Will was his name, and she thought over her plan over and over once she would trap him in the cabin.

He had entered the cabin cautiously, casting a quick scan around the room before stepping inside. Enid stayed put, however, no matter how great the urge to tear the boy in half grew. She watched as Will patted each leg before approaching the sleeping captain. 

A pen? Hm...I suppose that is clever, Enid thought with a silent scoff. She watched as he grabbed the pen out of one pocket to lift a tentacle from Jones' face, revealing the key that Bootstrap had given up his soul for. It slipped from the pen, however, slightly stirring Jones from his slumber, and the boy froze.

I will slay both father and son for attempting to deceive me, Enid thought with a quiet hiss, making her shut her eyes tightly as she fought with her instincts and her shame. I must do it, Will Turner cannot be deemed a good man by committing an act such as this!

Enid opened her eyes and stared down at the boy, who was gazing around frantically when Jones stirred more and more. He will regret the day he ever thought he could be a pirate. Silently, she leapt down beside the organ and raised one hand towards the sleeping captain.

He was then encased in her glowing magic, freezing him on the spot and rendering him unable to move or wake up as she dealt with the boy. Will whipped around when he heard the woman, and she slowly advanced on him as he backed away. 

"You thought you could escape so easily?" she hissed out, her claws flexing and beginning to glow a faint but vibrant blue. Will glanced back at the door behind him, then back at the enraged siren, and his hand landed on his pocket. "Maybe I did. A pity you will not be able to stop me."

He pulled out whatever he had stashed in his pocket and held it up for Enid to see - a mirror. The siren let out a shriek before recoiling away from her reflection, her eyes burning painfully at the sight. How could he have known?! "I truly am sorry, for what it is worth," he said to her.

She cracked open one eye to see the boy lower the mirror, turn tail and run. Instantly her eyes had ceased their watering, and she wiped away at the tears that streamed down her face. She charged through the cabin doors, startling any lingering crewmates and causing them to cower.

She spotted Bootstrap at the bow of the Flying Dutchman, and when his hooded gaze locked with hers, his blood had run cold, but he did not move to run. She ran forward with unimaginable speed, and she lunged at the older Turner, grabbing him by the throat and lifting him into the air.

"The boy will be dealt with later...but you." Bootstrap gasped for air when her grip on his throat tightened, and all he could manage to do was cough up water. "You will suffer for betraying your captain, and you will NEVER leave this ship!" she snarled.

She threw the man back down onto the ground as the few crewmen had gathered around to grab hold of him. "Hmm...Enid?" The quiet voice of Davy Jones had sliced through Enid's fury like a knife, and her eyes settled on the captain's cabin.

Before moving, she gazed out into the ocean, scanning each wave, but Will Turner could not be seen. No other ship had been in sight, either, making her growl in frustration. He will not be lost for long. Quickly Enid started forward, glancing over at the crew as they dragged Bootstrap across the ground.

"Lock him in the brig until morning. I'm sure the captain will be more than eager to deal with this," she hissed, then stormed off. She entered the captain's cabin once more, seeing the captain had turned in his chair, and he looked up when she entered.