~9~

That seemed too easy. Enid followed the Dutchman's men after Sparrow's disappearance, and they chased the man Will had been fighting with, for he had obtained the chest. He was quick to surrender it, however, and even quicker with fleeing the scene, though no one chased after him.

She had returned to the Flying Dutchman, which was still anchored below water, with the others soon after. Davy Jones was the first to greet her, taking Enid into his arms all too happily. Her long tail loosely wrapped around his form as she allowed herself to fall into his embrace.

"You're hurt," he realized, holding up her arm for him to see. She shook her head and pulled her arm out of his hand, wiping away at the wound to reveal that it had long since healed. "I'm okay, my sweet," she reassured, then scowled. "That daft Jack Sparrow..."

At the sound of his name, Jones' face immediately hardened and his eyes blazed with an unspoken, unimaginable rage. "JACK SPARROW!!" he yelled, then grabbed onto the helm. "RISE!!" Quickly, the ship began to propel itself towards the surface as the crewmen roared in fury.

Enid gasped for air when the Flying Dutchman broke the water's surface, and she grabbed onto the rail to support herself when her tail vanished from under her and was replaced with her legs. Beside them was another ship, a ship with black sails that she knew was named the Black Pearl.

Enid hurried over to Jones' side as the Dutchman settled, and from across the way she could see Will Turner, the woman pirate, and Jack Sparrow at the helm. Jones and Enid approached the rail as the rest of the crew taunted the men of the Black Pearl, and Sparrow copied their actions.

"Oi, fish-face and bird-brain!" he called. Bird-brain?! He held up a large glass jar and held an arrogant smile as he waved it around in the air. "Lose somethin'?! Hey - !" Sparrow called. He cut himself off when he suddenly tripped and tumbled down the stairs, landing on the deck.

For a moment Enid felt confused by the spectacle and winced, but she did not hide her annoyance at the pirate captain. He jumped back up to his feet and raised the jar once more, his grin never leaving. "Got it! So you've come to negotiate, eh? Have you, you slimy git?" he taunted.

Enid glanced up at Jones, who held both an infuriated and confused expression. "Look what I got - I got a jar o' dirt, I got a jar o' dirt, and guess what's inside it?!" Sparrow sang, waving the jar around once more. That's impossible, the heart is in the chest! Enid thought with panic.

Jones turned back to the crew with a scowl. "Enough!" he called, and the cannons were loaded on cue. Frantically, the crew of the Black Pearl raced around the ship as it turned away from the Flying Dutchman. "Hard to starboard! Send his beloved Pearl back to the depths!" the captain ordered.

The cursed ship trembled violently as the cannons were fired, and the Flying Dutchman chased after the Black Pearl. "Let them taste the triple guns," Jones instructed one of the men. He clutched onto Enid's waist tightly, making her turn to look up at him.

"What can you sense, my dear?" he asked her sweetly. Enid pursed her lips and turned back to face the Black Pearl. The longer she stared at the black ship, the more unsettled she began to feel, and she shifted in place. "The Pearl will not survive this day," she declared firmly.

Jones chuckled darkly and leaned down, kissing the top of Enid's head. "Good..." Suddenly, the Black Pearl sailed faster ahead of them, putting some distance between them and the Flying Dutchman. "They think they can escape us?" Jones scoffed, then chuckled once more.

Enid did not respond, instead the unsettled feeling began to make her chest tighten and clench. Many people are going to die, she told herself. "We're out of range!" one man yelled angrily, alerting the crew. "Douse canvas!" Davy Jones yelled, pulling Enid into his side proudly once more.