~25~

Another 8 years later

"Come along, my love, it's not that hard! You've never really given swimming a try!" Enid called cheerfully, swimming along through the ocean. "Perhaps for you, my dear, but I was given a peg leg during my first transformation, not a tail!"

Enid giggled at the sound of Davy Jones' complaint, and she glanced back over her shoulder. Her beloved had refused to set foot into the vast ocean since the day he joined Enid and her siren family in the coral reef.

He rarely stepped foot outside of their shared cave, much to Enid's frustration, for she had new responsibilities and roles to fulfill. "No harm will come to you here, my love, I promise. This is our home now," she had told him during the early days of his arrival.

"So long as you're around, I'm sure, but I am now vulnerable and no one cares for who I am, or even knows," he had reasoned, and promptly remained in the cave. But today, she finally convinced her dear husband to leave their cave, however he insisted they do so at night.

"Everyone will be asleep, no one will see or know of anything," he had said once they left. So concerned over his pride, even now, she thought to herself. "How in the world did you manage to do this?!" Davy Jones called to her, his tone dripping with irritation.

Enid slowed down and waited for the former captain to reach her side, and once she did, she held him by the arm. "Trust me, my love, this was no easy task for me to complete either," she told him. Davy Jones let out a grunt and glanced down at himself, his face holding a grimace, but he didn't say anything.

Enid let out a sigh and looped her arm with his, allowing the man to relax and float alongside her as she swam forward. "You need not be afraid of them, my love, they are my family as much as they are yours. They will help you adjust, as they did with me," she reassured him.

She reached over and kissed Jones' cheek lovingly, earning a deep sigh from him. It was silent for a few moments after that as Enid carried him along with her, and while he was marveling at the scenery, Enid was surrounded by her thoughts.

13 years had gone by since the battle in the maelstrom, and not once had she seen or even sensed the Flying Dutchman. She knew that, since Davy Jones had been 'killed', the ship must get a new captain, but who that man was, Enid did not know.

And although he seemed fearful of his new settlement, Davy Jones never spoke of his previous endeavours or beloved ship anymore. Enid turned to look at him, and a faint smile appeared on her face as she watched him struggle to swim properly.

He turned to her after a few moments, and she smiled sheepishly when she was caught watching. "I will definitely need more practise, my dear," he told her shyly. Enid hummed in response and leaned over, kissing him lightly on the cheek.

"Can I ask you something, my love?" she then said, pulling him a little closer. "Of course." His hand rested on hers as the two continued to wandered through the ocean, and Enid took a deep breath. Enid glanced up at the surface and pursed her lips for a moment.

"Do you ever miss it?" she asked him, turning to look at him. Jones turned to meet her gaze, and his eyebrows furrowed in confusion. "Miss what?" he echoed. Oh dear, she thought, sighing internally. "If you miss...you know, living on the surface," she stuttered out a little shyly.

Jones let out a knowing sigh and slowed, forcing Enid to stop as well. She looked up at him sheepishly, and he sent her a soft smile in return before planting a kiss on her forehead. "I haven't thought of or missed a single moment that I've lived on the surface, my dear. But if you do, then I would love to accompany you for a stroll, if that is what you fancy," he told her sincerely.

Enid's sheepish expression melted away, and she lowered her head shyly at his words. "I have been thinking about it...are you sure you want to join me?" she asked him, placing a hand on his chest. "Of course, my love - whenever you'd like to go, I'll be right there with you."

Jones then chuckled to himself, and Enid sent him a confused look. "I was only thinking...I'm much better at walking than I ever was at swimming." Enid then giggled as well before reaching up and gently kissing her husband, then she looped her arm around his once more.

"Come along, let's at least take a look around," she told him. Enid immediately froze when she felt the water around her begin to stir. "What is this?" Jones asked, holding onto her arm tightly. Enid looked around with narrowed, calculating eyes - it felt as though the very ocean was vibrating.

"Return to the coral reef, my love, I must sort this out," she told him, releasing his arm and swimming away. "No, you can't go alone," he protested, struggling to swim after her. Enid turned around and grabbed him by his shoulders, stopping him.

"Please my love, someone must ensure that the others remain safe, please," she begged, her tone stern. Davy Jones held her gaze evenly for only a few moments before sighing in defeat, so quickly Enid kissed him once more. "I will return shortly, I promise."

~~~~

It seems to be coming from over there. Enid swam clear across the ocean without rest, following the vibrations as they grew more and more intense. Finally, she came across the shadow of a boat, and she felt a familiar, nostalgic tug in her chest. The Flying Dutchman? she thought.

Quickly Enid resurfaced and rested her gaze upon the ship she once called her home. The Dutchman must always have a captain...who could have taken Jones' place? she asked her. Enid then shot up out of the water and spread her wings, flying towards the crow's nest of the ship.

Down below, standing upon the deck, was a man and a boy, and the man was approaching the boy slowly. Is the child in danger? "Henry, what have you done?" the man asked gravely. Enid's eyes widened in shock at the sound of the man's voice - it may have been deeper and gravelly, but Enid recognized Will Turner.

"I said I'd find you!" the boy said triumphantly. Enid wrapped her wings around her body and curled up, hoping she remained out of sight as she eavesdropped. Will Turner then stepped out from the shadows, and Enid frowned when she saw his face littered with barnacles.

The captain of the Dutchman...I cannot help but feel some remorse, she thought to herself. "Look at me, son," Will demanded, looming over his son. "I don't care!" the boy protested, however his fear made his voice waver incredibly.

"There's no place for you on the Dutchman," Will insisted, his voice growing louder. At that, other voices began to sound from all around the ship, and Enid tensed up at the anger she heard in those voices. "They know you're here, get home to your mother," Will instructed, then turned away.

"No!" Gods, this child is insufferable, Enid thought with an eye roll. Will suddenly unsheathed his sword and slammed it down on the floor, severing the rope that was around his son's leg. "Leave now, before it's too late!" Will pleaded desperately.

"I won't! I'll never stop, and if you throw me over? I'll come straight back," Henry declared boldly. Insufferable, but he is definitely his father's son. "Don't you see I'm cursed to this ship?" Will hissed bitterly, his voice lowering.

"That's why I'm here! I think I know a way to break your curse, to free you from the Dutchman!" the son announced. What? Enid leaned over the rail a little more, staring down at the boy expectantly, whereas Will looked defeated.

"Henry, no-" he was saying, but his son interrupted him. "I read about a treasure - a treasure that holds all the power of the sea! The Trident of Poseidon can break your curse!" Enid felt her heart sink at the boy's words, but she also felt her blood run cold.

The only person who ever knew of the trident's location is now dead, and I have taken her place. Whatever knowledge she possessed...I do, as well. Enid pursed her lips, and with a final glance towards Will Turner, she took off from the crow's nest and dove down towards the sea.

~~~~

Now I love the Pirates series, the first three are definitely masterpieces, but that fourth movie... >.< yah no, it wasn't it lol but the fifth movie kind of redeemed the franchise a little, just a little, in my opinion anyway, so feel free to write down in the comments which of the movies you liked the most!