~19~

The next morning, the Black Pearl had docked at Shipwreck Island, but Will was nowhere to be seen. Sparrow must have dealt with him...what a shame. Enid watched as the men weighed anchor and prepared to disembark, but her gaze rested on none other than Asherah.

Enid clenched her jaw and slinked over to the woman's side, but instantly slowed when she realized the captain of the ship was already with her. "I do not renege on a bargain once struck," the captain growled, "But we agreed on ends only. The means are mine to decide."

He went to caress Asherah's face, making Enid scowl, but his wrist was caught swiftly. "Caution, Barbossa. Do not forget it was by my power you return from the dead." Barbossa's hand began to decay and turn to bone, which made Enid gasp in shock. "Or what it mean if you fail me."

She threw his arm back and went to walk away, but Barbossa caught her in turn. "Don't you forget why ye had to bring me back. Why I could not leave Jack to his well-deserved fate," he spat at her. This is most interesting...they're all corrupted, Enid thought to herself.

"It took nine pirate lords to bind you, Calypso, and it'll take no less than nine to set you free," Barbossa promised her. I knew it! How could they choose to release her once more?! "Masters Pintel and Ragetti!" Enid hid behind the post as both named men approached the captain.

"Take this fishwife to the brig," Barbossa ordered with a growl to his words. Enid glared on as Asherah was guided down by both men, and once they passed Enid slipped out into the open. Perhaps he may be of use to me... "Barbossa, was it?" she called, approaching the captain.

He turned to her, and a charming grin was on his face as though nothing had happened. "Captain Hector Barbossa, my dear. And you are?" he asked, holding his hand out politely. "Enid Jones. What is your intention with Asherah?" she asked, ignoring his hand completely.

Barbossa awkwardly lowered his hand and placed it on his hip instead, standing straight. "You mean Calypso? Why, the sea goddess can help us with our mutual friend, Cutler Beckett, for it was her binding that allowed the likes of him to sail the sea freely," he told her.

Enid turned away, furrowing her brows as she processed the man's words. They intend to release her...in hopes she will help them with Beckett? "What is that name you gave her?" Barbossa asked, catching the young woman's attention as he began to walk away.

"It is the name she gave me when she rescued me from a certain death many years ago, but she has no loyalty from me," Enid hissed. Barbossa chuckled and patted Enid on the shoulder, making the woman cringe at his touch.

"Then I trust that you will help us, as well," he said confidently, then walked away. Enid went to follow him when her chest suddenly tightened, and she stopped. She placed a hand upon her chest lightly, and the tightness soon ebbed away, and she glanced up towards the sea.

My love...I will be with you soon.

~~~~

Enid had followed the pirates into Shipwreck Cove, and she was standing at a large round table filled with pirates from around the world. She stood close to Jack Sparrow and Barbossa as the meeting began, her wings completely retracted into her back so as to not give away her identity.

"As he who issued summons, I convene this - the Fourth Brethren Court," Barbossa announced proudly. With that, every pirate lord sat down at the table, and one skittish man, Ragetti, began to circle around with a bowl in hand.

"To confirm your lordship and right to be heard, present now your Pieces o' Eight, my fellow cap'ns." The Pieces of Eight...that is what they must have used to bind her. Enid rolled her eyes and leaned closer to Jack so that he could hear her.