~27~

"Why isn't it glowing?" The four of them were huddled around a stack of rocks that held a cluster of rubies. Four other rubies were glowing brightly around the island, but the fifth and final one was dark. Barbossa released himself from Enid and approached the younger woman with something in his hand.

"Finish it, Carina," he said, holding his hand out to her. In his palm was a small piece of the ruby cluster, and Carina took it eagerly. "The missing star...for my father," she said solemnly. "Aye...do it for him," Barbossa mumbled, looking down.

Enid frowned at the interaction and turned towards the sea once more. Her heart longed to return to her family, to see them safe, but she longed most to see her beloved once more. After today, nothing will ever be the same...but he will be safe, she told herself.

Carina then placed the missing ruby piece, allowing for all five rubies to glow brightly across the island. A beam of light shot out of each ruby, forming the image of the Trident, and Enid felt her skin crawl. The very ground began to tremble beneath their feet, and Enid felt herself begin to float.

The Trident... Her eyes glowed their magnificent blue as she turned towards the ocean, watching it began to split in two. The ground suddenly split open as well, and both Jack and Carina fell down into the chasm. "I will retrieve them, return to the ship!" she instructed to Barbossa.

Enid flew off quickly after them, but she couldn't help but glance around her at the parted sea. If the Trident can free this boy's father of his curse, then perhaps...all curses of the sea will be released as well. Enid reached down and managed to grab hold of Carina's arm, pulling her up.

Which means... Enid then grabbed onto Jack's arm as well, and she lowered them down onto the dried sea floor. I may be released from the sea, as well. "Thank you, dear banshee," Jack said, bending down to pick up a discarded journal.

Enid ignored his comment however and did her best to calm her racing heart as the three of them ventured forth. She could feel the power that resonated from the tomb all around them, and it made her blood feel chilled. And to think, I once feared this god of the sea.

"Over there!" Carina announced, hurrying forward. Enid followed quickly, easily taking the lead when the Trident was in sight, jutting out from a boulder. "There it is..." Carina said in awe, and Jack mumbled, "The Trident..."

The other two watched as Enid stepped forward towards the ornament, her eyes wide. Before she could take it, though, an angry voice sounded from behind them. "JAAACK!!" She whipped around just in time to see someone lunge for the pirate and knock Carina to the ground. 

When the boy stood up, his face was ghostly pale and covered in cracks, and his eyes were pitch black. "The boy is possessed, you must remain out of sight," she told Carina, shooing the woman off to the side. "No, someone needs to get the Trident!" she argued, then hurried off.

"Carina!" Enid could not pursue her just yet, for she spotted numerous other pirates landing on the sea floor, surrounding the trapped trio. Enid looked to the younger woman, then to Jack who was battling their possessed comrade, and finally to the ghost pirates that lurked in the ocean.

She then reared her head back and let out a terrifying shriek, shaking the earth once more. Her wings retracted into her back, and she pounced into the water, narrowly missing one ghost pirate. Her tail soon formed, and she felt every bone in her body begin to shift and grow.

She grew in size and towered over the scene, her tail growing in length as well, and her skin was dotted with glittering blue scales. Enid let out another thunderous roar as she raised one clawed hand, then brought it down on the sea floor.