~18~

The moment Jack and Beckett came to an accord, the HMS Endeavour suddenly rocked violently with cannon fire. Now's my chance! The shackles fell to the ground once they were unlocked, but instead of escaping alongside Jack Sparrow, Enid pounced on Cutler Beckett.

She pinned him down by the throat and dug her claws in, making the man thrash beneath her as he stared up at her with wide, terrified eyes. "You have made a grave mistake, in both capturing me and making a deal with that revolting pirate. I shall make sure that I will personally see you off into Davy Jones' Locker."

She then slammed his head against the ground before rushing out of the cabin. She burst through the cabin doors and into the open while letting out a triumphant screech, which made any man in the vicinity clutch their ears and crumple to the ground in pain.

A familiar scream made her look up to the sky, and she saw Jack Sparrow soaring through the air towards his ship on a rope. His excited scream turned to one of panic when he overestimated his leap, and Enid sighed in annoyance. Might as well square things off with him.

She dove after him just as he soared right over the Black Pearl's sails, and she caught him by the leg. He looked up at her as she flew back towards the Pearl, a bewildered look on his face. "Banshee lady!" he said, sending her a thumbs up, but she just rolled her eyes. Ugh.

Enid carelessly dropped him on deck, making the rest of the crew look up at her. "My gods, it's the banshee!" she heard one man yell in shock. Enid slowly lowered herself down until she landed beside Jack, and her gaze swept through the crew.

There were many ragged and odd-looking pirates, as well as one man who looked to be the captain of the Black Pearl, and she also recognized Will Turner. He, however, was grabbed by two other men as Jack approached him with an angered look on his face.

"Send this pestilent, traitorous, cowhearted, yeasty codpiece to the brig," he spat. "And what of her, cap'n? A banshee on board..." the same man asked, eyeing her. "Brings bad luck, I'm sure. But I won't be staying for long - I cannot find the Dutchman, and it is unwise for me to travel alone with Cutler Beckett sailing the seas," Enid said simply.

As Will Turner was hauled away to the brig, there was a woman that stood out among the crew of men. Enid tilted her head in curiosity as she approached the woman, who averted her gaze sharply. "Who are you?" she asked silently as the crew dispersed.

The woman was shorter than Enid, with long brown dreadlocks and dark skin, and she wore rags for a dress. However, something within Enid made her approach this mysterious woman. She grabbed the woman's chin and lifted her head up, but immediately recoiled.

Those eyes... The woman's eyes were dark brown, but when they locked gazes, they flashed a bright red. Enid stepped back and bared her fangs at the woman, who now smirked smugly at the young siren. Expose me, and you run the risk of being taken down right alongside me, my child.

Her voice rang out inside Enid's mind, making the woman hiss and turn away. How dare you? she hissed back, then walked away. "Oi, bird-brain." Enid stopped mid-step and slowly deadpanned to where Jack was standing with a few men, and her glare made Jack flinch.

"Uh...these fine gents would like to have a lively conversation about the bad luck you may bring to us!" he said cheerfully, then sauntered away. "Lass..." One man approached her, with thick, white sideburns that reached his jaw, and he fumbled with his hands as he did not know where to place them.

"Be it true that you helped Will Turner retrieve the key to the Dead Man's Chest?" he asked curiously, his eyes wide. Enid pursed her lips and glanced back at the mystery woman - Asherah. "I would never willingly help that man, and he was only lucky enough to escape with the key to the Dead Man's chest."

She leaned closer to the man, who visibly swallowed nervously as she neared, as did every other man who gathered. "But I have realized you vile creatures' true intentions and make no mistake - I will not let any harm come to the captain of the Flying Dutchman," she spat hatefully.

Her glare turned to rest on Asherah, whose own gaze went dark, and she shrunk back from the sudden shift in attention. "And I won't let anyone hurt him again."

~~~~

Night had soon fallen, and while most men were fast asleep below in the brig, Enid was wide awake. She was sat atop of a barrel, watching Will Turner at a distance as he tied dead bodies from the earlier battle to barrels and dumped them in the ocean.

She was puzzled by his actions, and she would have approached the man if not for Jack Sparrow who sauntered into view to tend to the boy. So instead, Enid whipped around when she heard rushing footsteps, and she used her wing as a shield to shove the intruder away from her.

It did not phase Asherah, for the woman merely stood back up and approached once more as she dusted off her dress. "And what could you possibly want?" Enid hissed at her, claws unsheathed. Asherah took a deep breath, casting a cautious glance over Enid's shoulder at the two men.

"Only a chance to speak, my child," she said. "I am not 'your' anything, you witch!" Enid spat. Asherah hummed and moved around Enid to lean on the rail beside her. "What have ye done to Davy Jones?" she asked curtly, ignoring the hostility. 

Enid stepped forward and got in Asherah's face, her jaw clenched as her rage burned stronger. "More like what have you done to the man? Was he merely a toy in your twisted games, charging him with a duty he was bound to for eternity? Did you ever love him?" she accused with a sneer. 

"I only loved him as much as you, who allowed the key to the man's heart to be stolen," Asherah snickered, remaining calm. "I DID NOT-!" Enid stopped mid-sentence and took a deep breath to calm herself as well, glancing over her shoulder again. 

"I believe I've done more for him than you ever have, and if I must be punished for my moment of weakness then so be it. But no matter what happens, my heart will always lie with Davy Jones - the same cannot be said for you." 

Asherah's eyes blazed red with fury at Enid's words, and she pushed off from the railing, but Enid did not move. "How dare you accuse me of such LIES?! Did you forget what I told you, dear child? To sirens who fall in love? Are you really going to torture that man any further than you already have?" she sneered.

"Condemn me to the depths if you must, but it will not change a thing!" Enid snarled, her eyes blazing blue. Wait... Asherah had smirked devilishly at Enid's choice of words. The younger siren suddenly straightened out when realization hit, and her frown turned into a sly grin. 

"Ah...I see now," she declared, rolling her fists. "It is not Poseidon who will keep me locked in the ocean...but you." Asherah's smirk immediately fell, and she turned away sharply, but Enid was not finished, and she chuckled in amusement. 

"Does it bother you so much, my dear mentor, to see others with the men they so desire while you've doomed your own for all eternity?" she sneered, circling the older woman. "You could not live with what you had done to Davy Jones, so you 'spare' the rest of us by instilling the fear of death into us? You're despicable," Enid snarled into the woman's ear. 

Asherah's body trembled with every word Enid spoke, but her rage simmered down into sorrow. "T'is my - " she was saying, but Enid cut her off angrily. "You and your 'nature' can go shove it. You deserve to rot at the bottom of the ocean, not those poor souls you've cursed! And once this is over...I will be sure to rid you of this world, so that you may harm no other ever again."

With that Enid stalked away, her fists clenched as her eyes blazed an electric blue. "You will not have Jones...and I will make sure you pay for your treachery."

~~~~~

I'M JUST FULL OF LITTLE PLOT TWISTS >.<