~20~

Enid slipped away from the meeting room while the pirates fought and hurried out into the open air. The tug in her chest led her back to where the Black Pearl was docked, and once she stepped foot on the ship, she felt her instinctive urge guide her towards the brig, where Asherah was still locked away. 

Why would I be drawn to her? Enid lightened her steps as she snuck down into the brig, where it was eerily dark but not silent. She heard the familiar tune of Davy Jones' music box, and she frowned at the chills it gave her. He's here...why is he here? she thought worriedly. 

"My sweet...you come for me," Asherah declared happily. Enid let out a hiss and moved closer to where she could see the light of a lantern. "You were expecting me?" Jones asked slowly, his tone flat. "It has been torture...trapped in this single form, cut off from the sea...from all that I love...from you."

Enid hissed again angrily and saw the air in front of her glow a light blue. How dare she?! "Ten years, I devoted to the duty you charged me with. Ten years I looked after those who died at sea! And finally, when we could be together again - you weren't there!"

Jones snapped his music box shut as he approached the cage, rage written all over his face. "Why weren't you there?" he hissed out. From where Enid was hiding, she had a clear view of both Asherah and Davy Jones, and she watched the witch shake her head in dismay.

"Is my nature..." Asherah whispered. Both Enid and Davy Jones reacted to the woman's words with a scoff of disapproval, and he angrily turned away. "Would you love me...if I was anything but what I am?" she then asked sweetly, standing flush against the bars.

Jones angrily turned and walked away from her, making Enid cover herself more behind the barrel she used to hide. "I do not love you," he declared confidently. "Yes...that young witch thinks she may take what she please," Asherah hissed out hatefully.

Enid instinctively let out a growl at the mention of her, and she nearly blew her cover when Asherah glanced in her direction. "Many things you were, Davy Jones. But never cruel..." she taunted, walking along her call and standing beside him once more.

"You have corrupted your purpose...and so yourself. And you did hide away what should always have been MINE!" Asherah suddenly reached through the bars and placed her hand on Jones' chest, allowing the captain to shift back into his human form.

However, Davy Jones did not react, and instead he stood tall and glared down at Asherah with hatred. Asherah looked up at his stoic expression in astonishment and slight horror, and her hand trembled against his hollow chest. 

"What's this? How are you not...?" she trailed off, looking Jones over as he grinned. He reached through the bars suddenly and grabbed her by the throat, making Asherah stumble back and revert Jones back to his humanoid appearance. 

Enid grinned in triumph but still remained hidden as she watched the spectacle. "Why did you come?" Asherah asked fearfully, her voice wavering when Jones' hand turned back into his claw. Reluctantly, Davy Jones released her and walked through the bars into her cell, and the woman stumbled back in surprise. 

I never knew he could do that, Enid thought curiously. "And what fate have you planned...for your captors?" he asked her slowly, his voice laced with a hiss as he ignored her question. "The Brethren Court?" Asherah walked away, a malicious grin on her face as she angrily grabbed onto the bars.

"All of them...the last thing they will learn in this life is how cruel I can be!" she spat, rattling the bars. Davy Jones did not reply, instead he made his way over to the wall of the cell, looking to leave. "And what of your fate, Davy Jones...?" Asherah asked quietly with a glimmer of hope.