Chapter Two: The Weirdo on Maple Street

Thunder rolled loudly outside as kids sat in Mike's living room staring at the girl that we found in the woods

Thunder rolled loudly outside as kids sat in Mike's living room staring at the girl that we found in the woods. She is wearing a yellow Benny's Burger shirt that was covered in dirt.

She was also wearing a big brown jacket that Mike let her borrow because she was freezing cold and wet. She was breathing heavily, and she looked at all of them with a weird expression except for Gabby.

"Is there a number we can call for your parents?" Mike asked the girl. She gave him a weird look and didn't answer his question.

"Where's your hair? Do you have cancer?" Dustin said right after.

"It's not nice to ask people if they have cancer!" Gabby says to Dustin.

"Sorry Gabby," says Dustin.

"Did you run away?" Lucas asked right after Dustin.

"Are you in some kind of trouble?"

"Is that blood?" Lucas says as he leaned forward to touch the girl's shirt. Mike slapped his hand causing the girl to jump.

"Stop it! You're freaking her out!"

"She's freaking me out!" Lucas says in protest.

"I bet she's deaf," Dustin says suddenly then claps his hand in front of her face. She jumped back as he did so. "Not deaf."

That causes Gabby to roll her eyes before saying, "You guys are being stupid. You're asking too many questions at one time! You're all probably scaring her." Mike gives me a look of appreciation.

"All right, that's enough, all right? She's just scared and cold." Gabby nodded to Mike thanking him for saying that. Mike suddenly walked over to a basket of clothing as thunder cracked. The girl closed her eyes right after and started to breathe harder Gabby kneels in front of her surprisingly the girl didn't flinch or move away.

"Hey, it's okay, you're safe here," Gabby says almost as a double meaning as she placed her hand on top of hers causing the girl to smile at Gabby before she takes a seat beside her just as Mike walked back over.

"Here, these are clean. Okay?" Mike says as he handed the girl some of his clothing. She grabbed the clothing from Mike's hand slowly and cautiously. She looked down at the clothing and started to rub her face on it.

Suddenly, she took off the jacket and stood up before starting to undress Gabby quickly held the girl's hands it felt like a power surge as the light blinked.

The boys yelled, "No, no, no!" as Dustin and Lucas faced the opposite direction.

"See over there?" Gabby says to the girl pointing towards the bathroom.

"That's the bathroom. Privacy. Get it?" The girl gave him a confused look as she started over to the bathroom with the clothing that Mike had given her.