Chapter Seven: The Gate

"Eleven," Mike sniffed as he walked up to her

"Mike," El says throwing herself into his arms.

"Is that?" Max asked as Gabby nodded with tears in her eyes. Mike and El let go of each other and he said, "I never gave up on you. I called you every night. Every night for-"

"353 days," El said interrupting him, "I heard." Mike looked stunned and responded, "Why didn't you tell me you were there? That you were okay?"

"Because I wouldn't let her," Hopper says as everyone looked over at him. Hopper walked up to El and said, "The hell is this? Where you been?"

"Where have you been?" El asked as Hopper gave her a tight squeeze.

"You've been hiding her," Mike says as his voice started building up in anger, "You've been hiding her this whole time!" Mike throws himself at Hopper, pushing him.

"Hey!" Hopper says as he pushed Mike away. He grabbed Mike's hands and says, "Let's talk."
Hopper and Mike walked into another room and Hopper closed the door behind him.

"You knew, didn't you?" Gabby says to her father angrily as she walked towards him.

"Gabrielle, I did." He says causing Gabby to lift him against the wall with her powers.

"You knew and didn't tell me! You watched me cry, beg and scream for her!" Gabby yelled.

"I'm sorry." He says sadly.

"You should be," Gabby says before dropping him to the floor and rushing into El's opened arms.

"I missed you so much El," Gabby says through her tears.

"I missed you too Ellie," El says.

"I felt you in the void I saw a shadow and ran to it, but it was gone. I've been trying to find you since you disappeared,"

"That was me," El responds.

"Every day I went into the void hoping you were there."

"I'm sorry Ellie," El says softly looking at the floor.

Gabby gives her another hug and whispers, "I'm just happy that you're okay."

Lucas and Dustin walked over to them and pulled El into a hug.

"We missed you," Lucas says.

"I missed you, too," El says to the two boys.

"We talked about you pretty much every day," Dustin added. They broke apart but El gave Dustin a weird look she then put her finger inside his mouth.

"Teeth."

"What?"

"You have teeth," El says again Dustin and Lucas smile at each other and Dustin says, "Oh. You like these pearls?"