Chapter Seven: The Bathtub

Gabby now sat on Mike's couch waiting for Mike and El to come out of the bathroom

Gabby now sat on Mike's couch waiting for Mike and El to come out of the bathroom. Gabby had already cleaned her face. Dustin was pacing around while Gabby was still thinking about the truck that they saw outside of Mike's house.

"Somethings wrong," Gabby says causing Dustin to stop pacing.

Suddenly, they hear Lucas's voice coming from the walkie talkie. Gabby ran over to the walkie talkie to see what it was saying.

"Bad...." Lucas's voice says to them. Gabby gave Dustin a look and they rushed to the bathroom. Dustin throws open the door and yells, "Guys!"

"It's Lucas. I think he's in big trouble," Gabby says to Mike and El.

They all ran out of the bathroom and over to where the walkie talkie was sitting on the table.

"Do you remember how he said he was looking for the gate?" Dustin asked Mike and El when we stood over the walkie talkie.

"Yeah," Mike responded.

"I think he found it," Gabby says to them.

More shouting came from the walkie talkie as Mike ripped the walkie out of Dustin's hand. El sat down at the table giving them confused looks.

The shouting continued when Mike says, "What's he saying?"

"I don't know?" Gabby says to him.

"He's way out of range," Dustin explained to Mike.

"Son of a bitch!" Was all they hear Lucas say.

"Lucas, if you can hear us, slow down, we can't understand you," Mike says into the walkie talkie.

"Mad hen? Does that mean anything to you?" Dustin asked them, "Like a code name or something?"

"The bad men are coming!" Lucas yells.

"Bad men!" Mike says, his voice growing with fear, "Bad men!" The radio made a static sound. Gabby's eyes go wide when Mike says this. Gabby looked over at Dustin and Mike.

"Stay here," Mike says before he and Dustin run upstairs.

"It's going to be okay El, we'll be back," Gabby says before rushing up the steps.

Once Gabby got up the stairs she ran over to their big window. As she looked out the window she see one of the 'Hawkins Power And Light' trucks sitting right in front of the house. Mike and Dustin stood right beside her.

"What's that guy doing?" Mike asks.

"You don't think..." Dustin trails off.

"Shit," Gabby says

Mike runs off and Dustin and Gabby look at each other in fear. They look back out the window wordlessly. More vans start coming down the street, pulling into the driveway. Dustin and Gabby quickly shut the curtains and run to the kitchen. Mike was arguing with his mom.