Chapter Five: The Spy

"What do you want?" Gabby says as she sees Lucas at her front door

"I'm sorry Gabby, you were right," Lucas says as walks into the house.

"About what?" Gabby says as she crossed her arms.

"About telling Max the truth, I had her meet me in the back of the arcade and I told her everything, but she didn't believe me because I didn't have proof," Lucas says as he sits down.

"What! Without me?"

"I know I know I'm sorry I thought if I told her then we would come over and get you so show her."

"You did it wrong, but I guess I accept your apology, Lucas," Gabby says looking away from him.

"Good I don't like when you're mad at me. Also, we have a code red," Lucas says sheepishly causing Gabby to look at him.

"What! Code red what happened?" Gabby asked him.

"Dustin been trying to get in contact with us, Dart has escaped, and he thinks it's a baby Demogorgon we have to meet him and Steve at the old junkyard."

"One a baby Demogorgon I can't believe him and two Steve Harrington?" Gabby says confused.

"Same thing I said but we need to go now," Lucas says pulling her toward the door.

"I'll take my bike we need to get Max on the way," Gabby says as she closed the door.

"What why?"

"You said she needed proof now we have it," Gabby says as she gets on her bike and starts riding away.

"Gabby wait for me!"

"Come on slow poke!"

.......

"This is it," Gabby says as they pull up to Max's house, they hop off their bikes putting the kickstand down before heading towards her house.

"You ring the doorbell," Gabby says.

"Me why me?"

"Because I said so," Gabby says smiling.

"Right." He says before ringing the doorbell they exhale heavily just as the door opens loud music floods their ears.

Max looks at them with wide eyes before looking back to see if her brother saw them before quickly stepping out and closing the door.

"What you two doing here?" She asked them.

"We have proof," Lucas says to her.

"What?" She says looking at Gabby.

"Proof that what I told you was real. But we have to hurry." Lucas tells her.

"What kind of proof?"

"One being Gabby, but we have to hurry." She nods before quickly going into the house.