Chapter 2

Nothing could stop nor slow down time, and Cordelia knew that very well.

As soon as seconds turn into minutes, minutes would become hours, and hours turn into days, and days would become weeks, becoming months.

And for Cordelia, who lived the through the same routine everyday, time quickly passed in a whim before she could realize.

It had already been one year and four months since she was wedded to Leon. Yet unfortunately, not much had developed.

"My lady, what do you think of this dress?" The handmaiden, who was in an evidently cheerful mood, showed her multiple lavish dresses.

"You have to hurry up and choose my lady, you will have to wear one of the dresses as soon as we finish drying your hair." Her other handmaiden cheered, continuing to dry the ends of her hair with a towel. 

"Choose one for me Lilibeth." Cordelia murmured, looking uninterested, all the while staring outside the large window.

"But my lady..? You will be having a meal together with the master later, you must choose!"

She let out a small sigh as she turned her head to take a brief glance at her persistent handmaiden. "Alright then, I choose the simplest dress among the three." She said, not even bothering to look at the dresses.

After all, though Cordelia was occupied watching the gardeners tending the garden, she was beyond bored of her daily routine.

'Wake up, work, eat, and sleep.' She thought, letting out another sigh.

'It was always like that.'

'Although we shared a night once every week throughout the course of our marriage, he still showed me not even an ounce of interest.' She pursed her lips upward as her forehead knitted into a small frown.

'I sometimes could not help but wonder if he's into men.'

"Madam, we know what you're thinking of again."

'What kind of woman would not get bored from a husband like that?'

"Do you really think that Leon is not into men?"

Her handmaiden gasped. "Madam, what if the master hears you..!"

Cordelia's face remained stoic and blank, but her curious thoughts remained. 'But really... I can't even remember a conversation that lasted more than five minutes with him.'

'But I doubt that he's gay. Considering the woman he has been keeping around, he's definitely into women.'

"Oh, my lady, please choose your dress."

"The simplest one." Cordelia pointed.

"B-But you must be more glamorous..!"

"There's no need to dress extravagantly." Said Cordelia, flailing her hand.

"Madam, you must! This time, I'm sure the master will surely talk to you!"

A soft laugh left Cordelia's mouth. The corners of her lips rose into a small smile as she turned her head toward the young handmaiden, Lilibeth.

"Although I do wish looking glamorous would help earn his favor, I still think that it would be of no use."

"My lady...." Her handmaidens looked at her with pity.

"Oh dear, please don't look at me like that. With his paramour present, I don't think he'll even have a time to take a glimpse of me." She said nonchalantly as she turned her attention back to the garden below her window. Though it was faint, disappointment laced her eyes.