Chapter 20

"My lady, you have visitors."

Cordelia instantly looked up, her eyes boring onto her handmaiden who had just entered her room.

Her brows softly rose. Confusion started to form on her face, as several questions clouded her mind. Cordelia silently wondered what her handmaiden meant.

"Visitors..?" She asked, confused.

"Yes, my lady." Lilibeth answered.

'But I'm not expecting any visitors right now...'

She pondered in her mind. 'Who could those visitors be?'

"Oh my." Curious as she is, Cordelia carefully rose from her bed.

As she stood up, her long ebony hair fell on her hips. Her long hair was like a long flowing river that seemed to never end.

Her slender fingers took hold of her hair, gently putting behind her shoulders. Her eyes looked over to her handmaiden. "You said visitors... How many visitors are there?" She asked.

"You have two guests, my lady."

'Two?' She thought, softly frowning. Cordelia was in the midst of guessing who the visitors are. After all, she didn't want to casually meet people who she did not know, nor informed her of their visits beforehand.

She didn't know whether to be enthusiastic or concerned. 'I don't know many people...'

Noticing her madam's expression, Lilibeth spoke to clear the question in Cordelia's mind. "Both are lovely ladies looking for you, madam."

Cordelia's gently rose for two people came to mind. "Ah..." She heaved a small breath, thinking of who those ladies could possibly be.

'I wonder...'

'Could it be that Lady Vivian and her mother came to see me..?' Subtle chills ran down her spine.

I hope not.' She thought eagerly.

She didn't like that idea as her very own guess made her uneasy. As though Vivian wasn't enough of a trouble, her mother was twice as much of a sinister. Cordelia dearly hoped that the visitors waiting for her were not the mother and daughter pair she was thinking about.

'But who else would show up and ask for my presence so casually?'

"They are looking toward your presence, madam."

"Can you tell me the name of the guests?"

The handmaiden nodded. "Morgana Sorelle and Dahlia Rovenne."

In an instant, Cordelia's eyes immediately lit up. Her eyes that was once dull from boredom was now shining brightly. Even the expression on her face seemed to be have brightened up upon learning who her visitors were.

She was already smiling before she realized. "Oh my." She murmured. Delight was written all over her face, the very expression that her servants seldom see on her.

Cordelia turned to look at Lilibeth. "Please tell the visitors that I will come down in a bit."

"I will, my lady." The handmaiden nodded.