Chapter 13

Cordelia briefly glanced at the tray, reaching for a plate and a spoon. She turned toward Leon, ready give it to him. "Can you move your hand?" She asked.

Leon's brows gently furrowed, wondering why she would ask such a random question. "Of course I can—" He froze, unable to finish his sentence as he struggled to move his hands.

"...I can't." He said, raising his head to look at her with a very confused face. Leon could move everything but his arms and hand.

"When you were injured during your fight... The physician said that the poison from the assassin's blade must have seeped onto your body when you were attacked."

"Poison? What poison?" The frown on his forehead deepened.

"The physician had informed me and Cedric that is was a paralysis poison that paralyzes your body permanently. Thank goodness you were treated as soon as we got here. Though there as still some of the poison that is left in your body."

"But it was fine earlier." He turned to her.

"I could clearly move it... My hand was fine earlier."

"Had you... just woken up? The physician said that you'll feel the paralysis after you wake up."

Leon silently stared at Cordelia. 'How come Cedric didn't tell me any of this earlier...'

"It might be a bit difficult because of the paralysis of the poison that is left inside you... Don't worry, the physician will come earlier today to treat your poison."

"If thats the case, then I wont be able to move until the physician comes." Leon's head slowly turned toward Cordelia. "Then until then, I can't even properly hold a spoon."

"That's right..." Cordelia trailed, nodding without thinking.

"What time is it?"

"Around seven o'clock, why?"

"If it is that early, then there are little to no servants that is already awake."

"Cedric is."

Leon blankly stared at his wife. "He's not here is he?" He pointed out the obvious.

Cordelia's brows gently rose, her gaze lingering on his eyes that bore onto hers, in the mean time not knowing where his point was heading. "Yes, he's not here at the moment... Do you want me to call him for you?"

"No." Came his immediate answer. Leon's mind wandered back to the dungeon. Cedric was in the middle of working to get information out of the assassins.  "He is occupied at the moment." He told her.

"He is? But it's so early."

"I told him to do something."

"Oh." Was all that she said. Cordelia stayed still, seated beside Leon. The awkward silence that slowly got longer was not of any help to ease her racing heart.

She was good at hiding it. 'Goodness..' She thought.

'He's too close...' Cordelia was skilled enough to hide how flustered she was. Her blushing ears was hidden under the thick strands of her long unbrushed hair. Her heart was racing since Leon had pulled her to sit beside him earlier.

His gaze on her made her even more flustered. Cordelia dearly hoped that her face was not turning red from how hot her cheeks were, upon being under her husband's burning gaze.

"Won't you do me a favor?"

Her eyes turned back to him. It was such an unexpected thing to come out of him. 'A favor..?' She thought.