Epilogue

The him who was once quiet, stoic, and proud, who never smiled and no one can get close to except the emperor, suddenly changed one day. At an unexpected day, he was suddenly smiling, grinning from ear to ear whenever he attended banquets. He seemed to always be in a good mood and has become more approachable. Those who witnessed such a thing could not believe their eyes.

The following years, no one expected such a change would occur in Leon, the Marquis of Elvoye. No one knew the real reason behind his change, and that created the perfect opportunity to make guesses that spread as wild gossips, leaving many nobles curious, and so rumors of him passed the sweet tongues of nobles.

"It was his wife, the Marchioness who changed him."

"No, it was because his younger brother visited him that same week that made him have a good change of mood."

"I agree. It must be his brother."

"I beg to disagree, but I think that the reason must be because the emperor rewarded the Marquis a mine."

"You fools. Do you not notice that the Marquis only smiles like that whenever he is with his wife?"

"Just recently, rumors say that he even named the mine that his majesty rewarded him after his wife, the Marchioness."

A devoted husband.

A fool for his wife.

A man on a leash.

Whenever he was mentioned, those words followed. He became known as someone living closely to those descriptions. After all, those were the words that described Leon, known throughout nobility. And seeing him standing beside his wife right now, surely, their questions have been answered.

Many eyes did not fall into the bride and groom on the altar, who were the main characters of the wedding, in the midst of taking vows. Instead, many eyes stole glances from Leon and Cordelia from time to time.

"What a lovely couple." Whispered a noble lady a few seats behind them. It seems as though they unintentionally stole the lime light of the bride and groom.

Clap

Clap

Clap

Clap

A wave of applause filled the church as the couple officially became wedded upon their kiss. It didn't take long for the ceremony to reach an end, and came the throwing of the bride's bouquet.

The young maidens immediately rushed and gathered as near as they could possibly be to the bride, and Cordelia, who was was just beside Leon minutes ago, was quickly swept away by the crowd and was brought to the very front, despite not having any intentions to participate in such thing. After all, she was a wedded woman.

"Oh my..." She muttered unpleasantly.

"Delle?" Leon searched, looking around him. Surely, she was just beside him.

'She was just holding onto me earlier, how could she have suddenly disappeared?' Worry shortly began to form on his face as he searched for his beloved wife.

"Oh! It is a pleasure to see you again, Marchioness Elvoye." An enthusiastic voice greeted on her left.

"Y-Yes... it's a pleasure to see you again, Lady Briar." She smiled kindly at the woman, despite having trouble getting out of the stuffy crowd.

"But may I ask why you're here, Marchioness? Usually, only unmarried women like to catch the bouquet of the bride. As you know... the custom? Catching the bouquet would mean that you are next to marry." The woman politely whispered.