The Betrayal (Chapter 22)

DRAKE'S POV

Okay. I'm not proud to say it, but instead of calling Anna and asking her about the secret she and Lucas were keeping from me, I decided to tail her. 

I know, I know, I'm a horrible boyfriend. I should just trust her and expect her to do the right thing, right? I should stop spying on her and just ask for the truth. Anna's never lied to me before. Why would she start now?

I wish I was the type of person that could just let the conversation between Lucas and Anna go. I wish I wasn't thinking the worst—that my girlfriend was cheating on me with one of her best friends. I want to be able to trust Anna and ask for the truth, but for some reason I just can't. I always had a feeling that Lucas was up to no good, and now I have a chance to prove it. Besides, Lucas is forcing Anna to keep the secret from me, so what are the chances that she will actually tell me the truth?

Maybe my gut was right this entire time. I never should have let Anna stay with Lucas for so long. 

I sighed. I was going insane. Anna was driving me insane. One minute I was thinking about moving in with her and the next I was wondering if she was cheating on me. 

I watched as Anna and Lucas parked their Mercedes Benz in front of a hotel named Fleur. The pair quickly exited the car and headed towards the lobby. After throwing another wad of cash at the cabbie, I stepped out of the yellow vehicle and into the parking lot, hurrying after my girlfriend.

After making sure I was within listening and watching distance with them, I walked behind the duo silently. I didn't want Anna to notice me yet. I don't know what I was expecting to find following them, but I only wanted the truth.

Looking back on it, maybe I didn't go about it the right way, but I still wanted to know.

The woman behind the receptionist's desk greeted Lucas and Anna cheerily. "Hey there you two! How's the wedding planning going?"

My eyes went wide. Wedding planning? What the hell  was she talking about? Obviously not a wedding between Lucas and Anna, seeing as how Anna was dating me. But then why was the receptionist talking to them? It made no sense. 

"It's going great," Lucas replied.

"We just came in to check on the turquoise designs in the ballroom," Anna replied. I could tell from the way she sounded that she was smiling.

Time froze, and I felt my stomach drop. Suddenly, my throat became parched. 

Anna was cheating on me. It was impossible. We were in love. I  was in love.

You've never said 'I love you' to each other before, a voice in my head reminded me. Maybe she's been playing with you this entire time. Karma's finally come around to bite me in the ass for toying with all the girls I met before Anna. Now the universe is seeking revenge, using Anna to get payback on me for treating my past hookups like garbage.

Tears pricked my eyes. Lucas wasn't the one taking her from me. Anna had never even been mine in the first place. She'd been deceiving me this entire time. 

I was a joke to her, a plaything. She treated me the way that I had treated all the girls before her. She didn't care about me. I was just entertaining her while she helped Chelsea. Lucas was the one she really cared about. Chicago was her real home. 

Home is where you are Drake, you should know that by now.

Bullshit. Complete bullshit.

I can't believe I got played. She made me fall in love with her. She made me care, and she had probably been lying to me the entire time. I bet her parents never even died. She probably wasn't even raped. It was all a bunch of lies, a sob story, concocted to make me love her.

How could I let her hurt me? Why did this even happen to me? Was this some kind of twisted karma? Payback for treating the girls before Anna like garbage?

How did she manage to break down all the walls around me and make me fall in love with her? She had never loved me. 

I watched as she and her fiance left, heading towards the ballroom where their reception would be held. Tears slid down my cheeks as I quickly exited the lobby and went back out into the parking lot. The cab was long gone, so I sat down on the curb and tried to calm myself down.

What kind of person was able to lie about their entire life? Their parents, their past, their friends? Anna hid everything about herself from me, and I didn't even notice. I didn't know who she was at all. I was in love with the girl who had lost her parents, who suffered from traumatic dreams, who loved Hershey pie, who always ate Trix cereal. I was in love with a girl that didn't exist.

It wasn't fair. Anna couldn't get away with this. If she was going to ruin my life, I was going to ruin hers.

It was time to stop a wedding.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Oh my god this story has literally been taking me forever to finish!!! I re-wrote this chapter because I hated the way it started but now I like the direction it's taking. Sorry for the uber slow updates you guys, but I want you to know that I appreciate all of you so much. Thank you for reading, voting, commenting, and sharing my story. It would mean the world to me if you would VOMMENT (vote+comment) and tell me what you think about the story! Again, thanks so much :) I'll try and upload soon.

Also, I thought this song described how Drake feels pretty well ;)

Enjoy :)