The Unplanned Vacation (Chapter 1)

Yeah yeah yeah, I keep starting new stories. first off I am basically putting True Life of a B*itch on hold until someone likes it. Vamp on the Run is just a once in a while post story and right now THGCM is being schemed out for action :), We'll Kiss Again I've got writers block, and In Love with my Kidnapper is....just what I don't feel like uploading now. plus I'm sick so this won't even be very long. It will be more of a PROLOGUE (ahahha...I hope that catches someones eye).

Basically, I'm tryong to make this a quick, short fun story to read and am going to work hard on it so I hope you enjoy! VOTE if you like ;)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A few rays of warm sunlight slipped through my thin, white curtains, temporarily lighting up my small bedroom. It was unusually warm, but I didn't have it in me to push my comforter away. It was way too early in the morning to be awake. Especially for the first day of summer.

Anyways, I was pretty sure the reason I had woken up was because I'd heard some music playing... I tried to focus on my surroundings, but the only thing I could hear was silence. I closed my eyes,  trying to fall asleep again.

I had just finished my last undergraduate year from Hampton University and was finally relieved of the stress of college. Now, the only thing I had to worry about was law school.

I decided not to get out of bed, feebly hoping that I would fall back asleep. I wasn't the type of person that fell asleep easily; it took me at least half an hour to fall asleep and when I woke up, I usually wasn't able to fall asleep again until night time. My occasional night terrors didn't exactly help. I felt myself starting to drift off when all of a sudden the music floated back.

I just need somebody to lo-o-o-o-o-ve!

I don't need too much, just somebody to love...

"Are you kidding me?" I groaned with frustration.

I sat up and let my pale, white comforter sink into my lap. Twisting to the nightstand on my left and then to the one on my right, I struggled to remember which one I had placed my cell phone on the previous night.

Somebody to lo-o-o-o-o-ve...

Really?

Chelsea must have done that.

I sighed as I attempted to locate the irritating voice. I loathed Justin Bieber with a passion. I figured that Chelsea, my best friend, must have changed her ringtone on my phone when I visited her during my spring break in Florida. I normally didn't call her--I preferred texting or Facetimeing--so I had no idea that she had messed with my iPhone settings again.

I peeked down at the floor by my nightstand and saw my cell phone laying down on the soft carpet. I glared at the flashing picture of Chelsea smiling at me from my phone. Chelsea, my best friend from high school, was one of my only two friends. She was the only girl I knew that was able to put up with me.

I was easily irritated, annoyed, and didn't open up to people very easily. Chelsea was the sole person to call me out on my shitty attitude. In fact, she had the nerve to annoy me on purpose, stand up to me, and boss me around. I respected her. My other friend from high school, Lucas, was the only guy who had the stamina to deal with me. He and I had a...complicated relationship.

I bent down from the bed trying to reach my phone, but my clumsy hand bumped it before I could actually grab it . The cell phone shifted over another couple of inches. I sighed. It was like the stupid thing was actually trying to irritate me.

Being my lazy self, I bent out of bed further and had the top half of my body army crawl towards it while the other half rested in bed, savoring the warmth the comforter gave. I kept crawling until I felt my body start to slip.