The Plan (Chapter 21)

I feel so bad because I haven't updated in 5 MONTHS. HOW HORRIBLE. However, I am DETERMINED to finish this story :) I'm proud to be writing for you guys, and I hope you still enjoy (btw I was reading some earlier chapters and I'm just cringing bc I wrote so terribly XD How can you guys handle this??? I don't even want to re-read my first ever story haha...:)

ENJOY :D

~~~

ANNA'S POV

"I didn't even know that roses came in off-white! Honestly, these all just look blindingly white to me," I shifted the bundle of roses closer to my face, squinting as I tried to detect what color they truly were.

"That's quite all right dearie," Aunt Lucy waved me away, selecting a fresh bouquet of off-white flowers. "We'll take 200 of these. "

I took that as my cue to leave.

Although Lucy was bossy and obnoxious, I still liked her. I think she knew that I was letting her have her way with planning the wedding. In return, she was paying for everything. Lucas and I tried to get her not to, but she always insisted and told us that she'd be dead soon enough. I felt guilty because we never planned to actually get married, but Lucas said that as long as we kept the receipts for everything, we would be able to return whatever Lucy purchased and get a refund.

Over these past couple of days, I realized that she was actually really like me. Lucy was bossy, but confident. I had never expected to like her, but she was uncannily like me. Hating her was like hating myself. Although sometimes I felt like I should hate myself for being such a liar, I never actually did. Was that a bad thing?

Lying to my boyfriend, lying to Chelsea, lying to Lucas' family...

Did that make me so horrible?

I'm sexy and I know—"Hello?" I answered my phone immediately. These ring tones were getting really embarrassing. I honestly don't know why I didn't bother to just change them.

"Hey babe. How's Chicago?"

I bit my lip. Drake had never called me babe before. It made me feel weird. Good-weird, I think. "It's pretty good. I was just about to go out and eat. Lucas and I are grabbing lunch."

That, for once, wasn't a lie. We were going to drop Lucy off at home, catch lunch, and talk about how to break up the wedding. We were cutting it really close to the twenty-second, and everything was pulling together a lot faster than we had anticipated. I already had the dress, the caterer, the officiant, the cake, the invitations, and the hall. Pretty soon I was going to have to start making up reasons why none of my family couldn't show up. We only had five days left before the wedding, and we needed a game plan.

"Oh yeah? Where are you going?"

"Tantra. It's this fancy Chinese restaurant in downtown Chicago. I love it there."

"That sounds like fun. Chelsea and I really miss you," he replied sadly.

I frowned. I really didn't like spending time away from Drake. I had gotten used to him being around me every day. I was used to Chelsea too. "I really miss you guys too. But I'll see you in a week. And I promise, I won't extend my stay again. I just want to go home."

"Home? I thought Chicago was your home?"

I could tell that Drake was smiling. The corners of my lips lifted a little in response. "Home is where you are, Drake. You should know that by now. Listen, I have to go. I'll talk to you later."

He sighed. "All right, bye. Have fun."

I hung up quickly. I didn't like talking to Drake because it reminded me that he was far away. A week felt like too long to go without seeing him.