The Game (Chapter 3)

Hey :) Hope you like! VOTE and COMMENT~ please?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

BEEP! BEEP! BEEP!

I jolted out of my bed. "WHERE'S THE FIRE?"

I furrowed my eyebrows when I realized no one was in my room, and there was no fire. What the heck was that stupid beeping noise?

BEEP! BEEP! BEEP!

I groaned when I realized I'd have to get out of my bed to shut off the beeping sound. After tugging my camisole down, I jumped out of the warmth of the comforter. For once, I didn't shiver; it was too damn hot here. After pulling my pink, cotton shorts down a little, I walked over to the window next to my bed, inching it up to invite cool air inside. Unfortunately, the sweltering Florida heat poured in through the window, and I was forced to slam it shut again.

I felt like smacking Chelsea when I discovered that the annoying noise was my alarm clock--or rather, Matt's alarm clock. She must have set it while I was sleeping, so I could wake up early to help her and Matt plan their stupid wedding. I groaned. We weren't even a day in to my official Florida vacation, and I was already being forced to work. I had hoped to relax for the first few days and tell Chelsea the truth about Matt's shenanigans. Obviously, that wasn't going to happen.

I padded over to my private bathroom and found the strawberry shampoo I'd unpacked along with all of my necessities yesterday. I had gotten extremely irritated with Drake during dinner last night and left to unpack my bags halfway through our meal. Something about Drake made me furious, and I had turned into an angry tornado, working with such passion that I'd managed to unpack my bags in a miraculous hour and a half.

I soaped my hair slowly, taking time, so I wouldn't have to help Chelsea. Don't get me wrong, it wasn't that I  was lazy or that didn't like helping Chelsea--I loved helping her, but my issue was planning her and Matt's wedding. If she was marrying anyone else but Matt I wouldn't have had a problem helping her with the wedding preparations. I might have been annoyed when I was forced to wake up early, but I wouldn't have minded helping Chelsea. She was my best friend; she was the most amazing and thoughtful person I'd ever met. She deserved to have the best wedding possible. She deserved to have an amazing husband; someone loyal, funny, sweet, and sexy. Not a cheating bastard. How was I supposed to help plan a wedding that I wanted to break up? I needed to tell Chelsea the truth before it was too late: Matt was cheating on her.

After I washed the conditioner and soap off my body, I put some lotion on and changed into a clean bra and panties. Then I slid on my white jean short shorts and paired them with a pale pink tank top that, from my upper back to the end of my shoulder blades, was covered with a creamy, intricate lace pattering.

I brushed through my light brown hair with a comb. I liked to think that my hair was my best feature. It had naturally blonde streaks in it, highlighting what would otherwise be my dull, brown hair. Chelsea said it made my hair look like it had been done by a professional. I set the comb down, deciding to let my hair curl naturally.

Even though I wasn't that angry anymore, I made a point to stomp down the stairs and storm into the kitchen. I wanted to make sure that Chelsea noticed how much I hated waking up early in the morning.

"Thanks for the wake up call," I said sarcastically.

Chelsea rolled her eyes at me. As usual, she ignored my sassy attitude. "Hurry up and eat breakfast. You and I have a lot of work to do," she reminded me.

Now was the time. Before she ended up wasting her life with Matt, I had to stop her. I wanted to internally smack myself as I realized that I hadn't planned out a good way to tell her. Chelsea was the emotional type. This would destroy her--more than it would the average person. I was sure she'd be crying for days. Matt, no doubt, would forget about her. Still, the promise of Chelsea's future with a cheating husband pushed me to speak, despite my fears of how it would tear her apart.