The Ice Cream Break (Chapter 7)

When I woke up, I stumbled down the stairs, half asleep. Thankfully, I hadn't had another nightmare after I took the Tylenol. I entered the kitchen, unaware of the multiple presences watching me. Opening a dark wooden cabinet, I pulled out my favorite cereal, Trix. Then I grabbed some chocolate milk, poured myself a glass, and sat down at the counter.

"Ahem," someone coughed.

I looked up and immediately glared at Jealous Jennifer. "What are YOU still doing here?"

Chelsea interrupted Jealous Jennifer from speaking. "When everyone decided to go to bed, it was really late at night. I decided to let everyone spend the night here since we had enough room. Jennifer and everyone else are staying here until dinner time and then they're leaving," she notified me.

I grunted, unsatisfied. In response to my unhappiness I heard an amused chuckle and looked up from my colorful bowl of cereal, only to see Drake chewing a large helping of French toast. "Close your mouth," I demanded.

Drake smirked. "Not a morning person, are we Annie?"

I narrowed my eyes at him. Chelsea broke the awkward silence suspended in the air. "So, uh, Anna?"

"What?" I snapped. Mornings were not my thing.

"Matt and I are going on a date today. We'll be gone for the whole day and we'll get back a little after dinner time."

I continued chewing my plain cereal and took a sip of chocolate milk. Then I processed what Chelsea told me. I spit out all of my milk onto Jennifer, who unfortunately for her, was sitting across from me. "WHAT? You're leaving me here? With all of them? For a lousy date?"

Chelsea sighed. "See, I knew you'd be like this. Matt and I just wanted some alone time together since he's always working. and I'm busy planning the wedding."

I almost snorted. Matt was probably busy working on his slut and I was planning most of the wedding. Chelsea was just telling me what she did or didn't want, so the wedding could be perfect. But even I knew better than to tell Chelsea that.

I huffed. "Whatever. You and Matt can go on your dumb date," I agreed.

Chelsea squealed. "YES! I knew you'd let me go! I just knew it! Drake and Matt didn't believe me, but I guess you and I proved them wrong!" She flung her arms around me and I gave her a small hug, amused at her outburst. Sometimes I was pushy, sometimes I was rude, but I was pretty nice too and I loved my best friend to death. If going on a date with her cheating fiancé's butt made her happy, then so be it.

"To be clear, I'm not letting you go. You could go without my approval. I wouldn't like it, but I'd let you go. Oh, and don't expect me to be friendly with Jealous Jennifer and company while you're gone," I added, throwing a scathing look to Jennifer. Her entire shirt was drenched in milk, and I could smell the chocolate-y liquid radiating off her.

Matt and the guys burst into laughter, and Jealous Jennifer slammed her glass of orange juice on the counter. Company looked upset and surprised. I could tell Chelsea was trying to act all stern and what not, but she was definitely hiding a smile. After that statement, I washed my dishes and headed back upstairs, where I changed out of my PJ's into colored blue capri jeans and a pink spaghetti strap tank top. On top of that I wore a lime green, pink, orange, white and blue, striped low-neck tank top that swooped a little bit lower than my breasts. I then pulled my hair into a low ponytail, slipping on blue rhinestone flats.

Before anyone noticed, I was out the door and into Drake's Lexus driving to The Paint Shop. Two weeks ago before Chelsea got engaged, I had come to visit her. Since I had no other friends in Florida, I'd get really lonely when she'd leave me to go on dates with Matt. During that time period, I discovered The Paint Shop. Basically, you painted whatever you wanted on a canvas. Based on the canvas size, you paid a fixed price. I found myself painting there when I got angry or lonely.