The Beach Trip (Chapter 5)

"...So. Theme?"

Chelsea thumbed through a Wedding Bells magazine. It was officially my fourth day here, June fourth, also known as fifty seven days from the day of the wedding and we still had no theme or color scheme for the wedding. Chelsea kept getting distracted with all these little details: Was she going to wear sparkles in her hair? Was she going to have her hair down or curl her hair? What kind of gown? Lace? Glitz? Mermaid, strapless, sweetheart, short, loose, tight, or strapless? Ivory, white, etc? I didn't even know that many types of wedding gowns existed. For god's sake, we weren't even looking at dresses yet! We barely had the simple details ready. It was a miracle we even had the venue booked in time. I was surprised such a beautiful place was open for booking this late. The place was so damn expensive; maybe that's why no one booked there- it cost too much money. On top of that, Chelsea tended to freak out all of the time on other minor details (like her guest list) without accomplishing anything for her big day and it was just really stressful. Too much pressure was put on my shoulders. Sometimes I wished I could just tell her Matt was cheating on her so I wouldn't have to plan the stupid wedding. But of course, Drake was in the house ALL of the time, so I could never find a good time to tell Chelsea.

"I was thinking black....You know, like sexy goth?"

"What the hell is sexy goth? That sounds creepy..."

Chelsea sniffled. "If you didn't like the idea, you could have just said so."

I sighed. Lately, Chelsea had been a lot more emotional than normal. She was usually able to put up with my unemotional comments, sneers, and sarcastic comments, but the wedding was taking a toll on her as well....even though she wasn't doing anything other than bossing me around. I was dealing with the complicated part of the wedding, the part that no one saw. Not that I was going to tell her that.

"Sorry Chels....it's just....I don't know. I'm tired."

"If you didn't want to help plan the wedding, you could have just said so," some stray tears slipped from the corners of her eyes.

"Chels....you know that's not true."

I walked over to her from the floor of Matt's boring living room where possible wedding colors were displayed and wrapped my arms around her. "This is going to be stressful. The wedding is going to be last minute. But you're my friend and I'm going to make your wedding the best I can. I love you- in a sisterly way of course."

"Aw, showing some love? Why can't you give me a hug?" An over-confident voice questioned.

I muttered under my breath at the arrival of the familiar male. "Don't you have somewhere to be?" I questioned Drake. "Do you not go to med school?"

He smirked at me. "Trying to get rid of me already?"

I narrowed my eyes at him. "Is it working?"

Chelsea gasped. "Don't be so rude Anna!"

He chuckled. "Med school doesn't start in the summer. You know you love me Annie."

Chelsea's eyes nearly popped out of her head. "Annie? You hate it when people call you that!"

I snorted. "In your dreams Drake," I said, picking up another glossy magazine. Then I glared at the man, continuing, "And for your information Chels, I do hate it when people call me Annie. Drake is just an asshole and refuses to call me by my actual name."

After our date, Drake had reverted back to his normal self. The charming, caring man I had spoken to on our date seemed to have vanished entirely. I didn't understand how Drake could be so interesting, so alluring, on one day and then completely infuriating and perverted the next.