Cruelty (1)

'How?' Nezuko thought.

Nezuko panted as she carried her big brother, Tanjiro through the snowy white woods.

'How did this happen?' 

"Tanjiro, don't die! Don't die on me! I'm going to save you no matter what! I won't let you die! I swear your sister will save you no matter what!" Nezuko pulled through the pain of carrying Tanjiro on her back and quickened her pace.

Nezuko flashed back to the events that occurred the day before.

Recently, Tanjiro had broken his leg from an accident on the mountain. It was nearing New Years, which would mean food would be scarce and the mountain would be hard to descend. But Nezuko was willing to help out her older brother.

Nezuko carried a large basket of charcoal to her small house, whipping her hair in a ponytail around, not noticing that her face was covered with soot, thankfully, her mother noticed, "Nezuko? Your face is covered with soot. Come over here."

Kie wiped Nezuko's face with a clean towel, "It's dangerous with all this snow. You don't have to go, you know. Tanjiro will recover soon."

"Well, I want everyone to eat their fill on New Year's, so I'm going to sell as much charcoal as I can. Plus, I want Tanjiro to have weight taken off of his shoulders." Nezuko said confidently. 

Her mother looked proud.

"Big sis!" Shigeru, one of Nezuko's younger brothers called.

"Hmm?" Nezuko replied.

Shigeru and another of her siblings, Hanako, started running towards Nezuko. The second oldest brother appears from behind, Takeo.

"You're going to town?" Shigeru asked.

"I'm going with you!" Hanako exclaimed proudly.

"Oh no, you're not. You know you can't walk fast like Nezuko." Kie responded

"Mom!" Shigeru complained.

"You may not. It may be dangerous with all of the snow." Kie responded kindly.

"Big sis!" Shigeru exclaimed.

Shigeru ran to Nezuko and clung onto her leg.

"I wanna go with you! I promise I'll help you!" Hanako tried to convince Nezuko.

Nezuko pat her head softly, "thanks, Hanako, but you're staying home today."

"What-?" Hanako asked.

"You too, Shigeru, but I'll get you tons of goodies, okay?" Nezuko compromised.

"Really?" Shigeru's eyes started to glow with happiness.

"Yeah, and Hanako, I'll read for you when I'm back." Nezuko told Hanako.

"Yeah!" Hanako's eyes also started glowing with happiness.

"That's a good girl." Nezuko said happily.

"Thank you so much, Nezuko." Kie said kindfully.

"You're welcome." Nezuko replied, "okay, I'll be heading out now."

Nezuko saw Takeo and included him in the conversation, "Takeo, will you chop as much wood as you can for Tanjiro today?"

"Sure, I'll do it, but... I was kind of hoping to do it with Tanjiro." Takeo embarrassingly admitted.

Nezuko walked over to Takeo and pat his head. Takeo burnt out in an embarrassed blush (NOT A SHIP).

Then Takeo jumped away from Nezuko's hand.