Rehabilitation Training (24)

Italics: narration

At the Demon Slayer HQ, Rengoku prepared to head off.

"Are you headed into battle?" Shinobu asked.

"Hm? Is that you, Kocho?" Rengoku asked, "we just got some information about a demon, and the Slayers who confronted him got taken out. We're losing rank and filers, too, now. We can't stand by and do nothing." 

"Could it be a Twelve Kizuki?" Shinobu asked.

"Most likely, yes. It might be a member of the Upper Ranks."

"It sounds like a difficult mission, but as long as you're going, Rengoku, there's nothing to worry about."

"Kocho, what's your plan taking that kicking girl? You said you were going to add more Tsuguko, but I'm sure that's not the reason."

"Don't worry, it's not as if I'm going to poison her or anything, all right?"

"Well, of course you wouldn't!"

Rengoku turned to leave.

"Hahahahaha! Hahaha!" Rengoku laughed.

"Be careful." Shinobu said.

In the mansion, Zenitsu complained about his medicine.

"No!! I can't possibly take any more!" Zenitsu cried.

"We go through this every single day! You're the most severely injured, Zenitsu! Take your medicine this second!" Aoi scolded.

"Ngh..." Zenitsu groaned.

"Seriously... Nezuko, your medicine if right over there." Aoi pointed.

"Here." A young girl, Kiyo, handed Nezuko a cup.

Nezuko took it and drank all of it in one go.

"Okay." Nezuko sighed.

"Hey! Nezuko's medicine goes down easy, doesn't it?! Right?! It's different from mine, isn't it?! I call favoritism! Favoritism!" Zenitsu screamed.

"Zenitsu! Shut up! This is a hospital ward!" Nezuko scolded.

Murata entered the room.

"You seem to be doing well." Murata said happily.

"Murata!" Nezuko greeted.

"Hey!" Murata greeted.

Murata sat down on Nezuko's bed.

"Are you okay?" Nezuko asked.

"Well, I came really close to getting melted away, but I made it somehow. But I heard you guys got really banged up." Murata said.

"It looks like it's going to take some time."

"And Wild Boar Kid, in your case, was it your throat? Huh? What's the matter with him?"

"He went through a lot, please let him be."

"But for this guy of all people to be so listless—"

"Nezuko!" Zenitsu interuppted, "who is that person?" He was secretly admiring Murata.

"He's Murata. He fought with us on Mt. Natagumo." Nezuko introduced.

"I'm Murata! Nice to meet you! Hey, your arm.." Murata pointed to his arm.

"I almost got turned into a spider, and my arms and legs are still tiny.." Zenitsu muttered.

"And that's why you need to take this medicine!" Aoi scolded.