Letting Someone Else Go First (16)

In the forest of Mt. Natagumo, Inosuke struck his blades in the ground and knelt down.

"Beast Breathing, Seventh Form. Spacial Awareness!" Inosuke exclaimed.

He let his mind slip away from him and into the depths of the forest instead. He sees the Spider Mother further up ahead.

"Found it?" Nezuko asked.

"Yeah! That way! I'm picking up a powerful vibe from there!" Inosuke pointed in the direction he wanted.

"You are? Great!" Nezuko praised.

Inosuke looked away before being attacked by a slayer. He dodged quickly.

"Ah! Dammit! We gotta take care of these guys or we'll never get anywhere!" Inosuke yelled out of anger.

"Dammit. Isn't there any way at all?" Nezuko said to herself.

Somewhere in the forest, Zenitsu arrives, breathing heavily.

"Ta... Ta... Tanji... Ta..." He wheezes, "Whe... Whe... Wh... Whe... Where are you?"

With Nezuko, Murata, and Inosuke, they're surrounded by a barrage of controlled slayers.

"Ugh! Dammit! What a pain in the ass! I'm going to demolish them all at once!" Inosuke yelled, preparing his blades.

"No! You can't do that!" Nezuko scolded, "There's got to be a way! So let's try not to hurt these—"

A slayer holds their blade to Nezuko's neck.

"A-Ah!" Nezuko gasped.

Murata noticed this and came to the rescue. He uses his own blade to block the controlled slayers blade from killing Nezuko.

"Mur...Murata?" Nezuko looked at him with a shocked expression.

"Leave these guys to me and go on ahead!" Murata said bravely.

"Shut up! What kind of talk is that, Mr. I-Pissed-My-Pants?!" Inosuke yelled.

"I never pissed my pants, idiotic boar!" Murata spat, "I wasn't talking to you! So just shut up!"

Nezuko didn't realize this, but they were fighting over her.

Murata blocks another attack from a slayer.

"I know that wasn't my finest moment out there, but I'm a Demon Slayer, too! I'll find a way to hold them off! Now I know I need to slash the threads, and that these guys can only make elementary movements! I'll watch for spiders, too! There has to be more people under control closer to the demon! So you go on, Nezuko!" Murata said.

"Understood! Let's go, Inosuke!" Nezuko said.

"Oh... Hey, dammit! I wanna pound that guy's stupid face into the ground! Who's he calling a 'stupid boar'?!" Inosuke scoffed.

"Oh shut up about it! Just drop it and get out of here!" Murata suggested.

"I'm so gonna punch you when I get back!" Inosuke said aggressively.

Nezuko rolled her eyes and grabbed Inosuke's wrist and pulled him deeper up the mountain.

"Dammit! I'm so gonna punch that guy if it's the last thing I do!" Inosuke growled.

"You don't need to shout at me for that." Nezuko said, focusing ahead.

"He called me a 'stupid boar', okay, Nezumi?!" Inosuke groaned.

"It's 'Nezuko'." Nezuko asked, "anyways, we're headed the right way, right?"

"We're headed the right way, but..." Inosuke trailed off.