Chapter 18

(Y/N)'s POV

I was trying to sit through class and just make it through the day but I kept thinking about everything that had happened. My fight with my dad, that villain that knew something about my brother, and on top of all that my night with Bakugo. We hadn't talked since and it had been two days since I woke up alone in his bed. I shook my head and tried to focus on whatever Present Mic was talking about but my mind kept wandering.

Thankfully class was over soon but I still had training. Of course with my injury I hadn't been able to participate like I normally would have. I walked with everyone to the locker rooms to change before coming back out. Shoto walked over and tapped my good arm. "You ready?" He asked softly.

For the past few days Shoto had taken me under his wing in a sense because I hadn't practiced with my right side much. Though as he had only used ice for the longest time he had a lot of good tips and techniques for me since at the moment I couldn't use my fire quirk. I glanced over at Bakugo but he seemed angry as well as focused... or maybe he was focused because he was angry. I shook my head and looked away. The other night I made the first step and I wasn't going to just keep crawling back to him, but at the moment I thought about yelling at him for everything.

I sighed and looked back at Shoto who was showing me the most effective ways to use ice as an offensive quirk instead of a defensive one which is how I'd always used it. Before it was just a shield but now it was all I had. "Alright (Y/N) just take a 5 minute break. I don't want you to wear yourself out, you're still healing you know."

I sighed and rolled my eyes but I knew Shoto was right. I moved to a bench and sat while taking a few drinks from the water I'd brought. All the while Shoto continued his training. I almost felt bad as he'd been giving up his own training time to help me. I glanced over at Bakugo and even if I was mad at him I couldn't help but admire him. He put his all into anything and everything he did because he honestly and truly wanted to be the best at everything.

When he turned our eyes met which only made mine blush as he'd caught me seemingly staring at him. He glared even harsher and huffed before walking away. Of course this almost made my jaw drop in pure annoyance. So he can cuddle me and have a vulnerable moment with me only to act like a complete dick afterwards? Fine if he wanted to play that game so could I. I didn't need him, I had my brothers and my sister. I had our little family back aside from my parents of course.

Once my five minute break was up I went back to Shoto and we went back to training. He was of course taking it easy on me but it was still nice to feel like I was doing something. The rest of the day went by in a blur and before I knew it I was in the dorms eating dinner.

I'd put together a simple ramen dish before heading up to my room to catch up on the work I'd missed being in the hospital. It wasn't too much, thankfully but I think the teachers were just taking it easy on me since I'd been injured on a school trip. Albeit by my own quirk but still. I was heading upstairs towards my room when I crashed into something and fell. Thankfully the ramen hadn't really spilled on me and I hadn't made it hot enough to burn me.

When I looked up I glared when my eyes got his crimson ones. "Serves you right. Guess karma really is a bitch." I told him as I stood up and grabbed my bowl. I turned back to go to the kitchen to grab the supplies I'd need to clean everything when I heard him.

"Well if you weren't so damn oblivious you wouldn't have run into me!" He snapped with clenched fists.

I looked back stunned. Bakugo was known for being a jerk and having a temper but he seemed to have all of his anger pointed at me. "What is your problem? You've been pissed at me all day and correct me if I'm wrong but I didn't do anything other than try to save you." I said. None of it made sense and I was done waiting for his tantrum to be over.

"I didn't need some weakling like you trying to save me. I didn't need your help (Y/N)." He spat which in some ways was worse than him simply yelling at me.

I felt tears prick my eyes. I hated that I was tearing up in front of him but I didn't understand. Being around him had been so nice. During the training camp he held me while I was upset. Now he couldn't seem to look at me like I wasn't dirt stuck on his shoe. "Well my apologies for trying to save my friend. Clearly I was in the wrong." I shook my head and turned away from him not wanting him to see me cry but my voice broke.

"I'd hate for a weakling like myself to hold you or anyone else back. Maybe I should listen to my dad and just give up and go home." I didn't mean it but it all felt so hopeless. Like I'd gain one thing only to lose another. I didn't want to keep going back and forth with anyone. Not Bakugo and certainly not my dad.

I heard him sigh and he cleared his throat before grumbling. "You want to know why I couldn't escape? I was too damn worried about you. You looked terrible and in the end it didn't matter. Those villains could've killed us all and still you came charging in already looking beyond beat up. You were practically on death's door because I wasn't strong enough so no! I don't need you getting hurt because you think I need to be rescued. I need to get stronger and then you can worry about everyone else and I can worry about you!"   

Author's note: I can't believe I left this story for so long! I was having such bad writers block and completely forgot where I was going with it. Not to mention my life's completely flipped upside down but hopefully I am back and will be updating regularly again! I've even got some new ideas I'm excited about but mostly I want to thank all of my readers and supports as well as everyone who's stuck by me this whole time patiently waiting for an update!! I'll be writing the next part soon so stick around!