Chapter 5

It was the morning of our exams. They did the written first and then we would take the physical portion. I was heading to where they told us to after getting dressed in my hero costume. I think I did really well on my exams, thanks to Bakugou I felt confident about the math questions.

     Now I just had to focus on the physical. Which we had no idea what it would be, most thought it would be kind of like the entrance exam. Considering I never took it, I didn't care if it was the same or not because it'd still be something new for me.

     I stood by the rest of my classmates and Principal Nezu explained that we'd be fighting our own teachers for our exam. Needless to say I was terrified. "You were matched with your partner based off your quirk and whichever teacher had a quirk that could best counter your own."

     He started listing off everyone and I mentally groaned as he called out my name. I was paired with my brother who I hadn't had a really conversation with in 11 years, and we were supposed to somehow bring down Aizawa Sensei.

     Shoto walked up to me. "We should go think up a strategy while we wait." I nodded and walked with him. Before we knew it our names were being called over the loudspeaker and we went to the location.

     We'd both agreed that it was best to stay together because he couldn't cancel both of our quirks at once. We hid somewhat but we were running around and trying to get to the exit. Once we saw Aizawa Sensei we both stopped and Shoto tried to use his ice to act as a barrier. When it didn't work he panicked and told me to run ahead.

     I ran away but hid trying to figure out how to beat him. The answer hit me when I saw my reflection in the fake store front. It was a mirror. I broke the giant mirror in two pieces and went back to find him.

     When I found him he was tied to a light post with spikes on the floor. I froze the ground and created a thick enough layer to completely cover the spikes and then burned the cloth. "I've got a plan, he can't use his quirk on us if he can't see us right?"

     His eyes widened and he took a piece of the mirror. We both held them to cover us and hunched towards the exit. Aizawa ran into us but we both quickly used our mirrors to keep his eyes off of us. This forced him to attack which we both countered by freezing his legs to the pavement.

     We kept our mirror shields up until we finally cuffed him. I smiled wide and we both made our way towards the exit. "Nice thinking out there." Shoto said still looking straight ahead. "Oh thank you, you too." We didn't talk but at least it was a little less awkward.

     Currently we were watching Midoriya and Bakugou's match. Nobody that was watching could take their eyes off the screen. All Might just seemed unbeatable and they were giving it their all.

     I shivered at the thought of my dad trying to beat somebody like that. It didn't seem like it was possible for him to lose. Both boys were spent, Midoriya was broken and Bakugou had gone past his limit which only worried me. Luckily by the grace of god they won and managed to get through the exit.

     We all gathered back in the classroom to discuss everything. "Everyone did well, but Kaminari, Kirishima, Ashido, Sato, and Sero didn't pass the physical portion." They all bowed their heads in disappointment. I'm sure they all really wanted to go to the summer camp.

     "Luckily you will still be going to the summer training camp, but you will be doing extra classwork on the side to make up for your low exam scores overall." They all seemed to cheer up at least a little.

     Everyone was talking about how excited they were when I heard a happy voice call out. "Hey (Y/N) you should come too!" I turned to see Kirishima waving at me. "Come where?" Ashido stood beside him and smiled. "Were all going to the mall to get some stuff for the trip!"

     I put my hand on my chin. "Hmm well I do need a swimsuit." I mumbled not thinking Ashido had come any closer to me. "Well then it's settled. Meet us there at 10. This is gunna be so fun!" She squealed and I laughed and nodded.

     Maybe it would be fun hanging out with them outside school. I'd never really been out shopping with friends. I made my way out of the school after getting my permission slip and started walking home.

     It was lonely without Bakugou here but walking to my house after school would be out of his way besides there was no reason for him to walk me. I came home and went through the motions. Helping Fuyumi make dinner, calling everyone down, getting drinks, then I waited for my dad to ask about my day so I could give him my permission slip.

     "Shoto how were your exams?" Father asked before he started eating. "Good, (Y/N) and I were paired together. We also have permission slips for U.A's summer training camp." He handed him the permission slip. 

     "(Y/N) give me yours." I did as he asked and began eating.

     After dinner he signed them and put them on the kitchen table before heading to his study. I grabbed mine and put it into my bag before heading back to my room.

     I grabbed my phone and texted a certain moody blonde.

Me:

   Hey, are you going on that shopping trip tomorrow?

Bakugou:

   Shitty hair mentioned it, the last thing I want to do on my last saturday off is hang out with those losers.

Me:

   Oh, I was just wondering because I'm going. I need some stuff anyway.

Bakugou:

   Well I don't need anything anyways.

     We talked back and forth about the trip until I finally got tired and fell asleep, but it ended way too soon when my alarm went off letting me know it was time to get up and ready to go to the mall.