The Cafeteria

Thinking of why I was calm makes me nervous.

"Hi you're the new girl Caroline right" says a girl with brown hair.

"Yes" I say trying to just finish the conversation.

"Ok well I'm Jessica, you should eat lunch with us." She says.

I think about it eating in a cafeteria with so many people around makes me uneasy.

"No thank you umm thank you for the invitation" I say as I smile at her.

"You know no one here has ever turned down my offer that was extremely rude and disrespectful of you." She says clearly angry with my answer.

"Oh I didnt know it would offend you I umm I guess I can sit with you" I say.

Jessica is way too loud for my liking but I have a problem where it is very hard for me to say no to people.

We get to the cafeteria and sit down at her table. There are so many people here at this table I don't understand why she wanted me to sit with her.

"Hi guys this is Caroline, Caroline this is Mike, Tyler, Angela and Eric." Says Jessica. I am sitting besides Jessica.

I really want to leave I was planning on eating outside. I see 5 people walk into the cafeteria.

"Oooh those are the Cullens and Hales. Rosalie and Emmett, Alice and Jasper and the last one is Edward. They are doctor and mrs cullens foster kids. They moved down here from Alaska a few years ago." Says Jessica.

"They kind of keep to themselves" says Angela. "Yeah cause there all together like together together. Rosalie the blonde girl and the big dark haired guy Emmett they're like a thing. I'm not even sure that's legal." Jessica states she clearly loves to gossip.

I however do not. "Aww that's really nice of doctor and Mrs Cullen." I say.

"Or weird like don't they think it's strange that they live together and they're dating" Jessica says like it's not right for them to be happy.

I shake my head and say "Don't you think it's awesome that after everything they've been through with the foster system that they can be happy" I smile while saying that.

"Maybe but there all like super rude and don't talk to anyone" Jessica says. "No I talked to one of them this morning who was really nice, you are the one who is being rude." I tell her.

"I haven't been rude to you at all" she says sounding very offended that I think she is rude.

"Actually you have been, I said I didn't want to sit with you and you practically threw a tantrum. And right now you're judging them without even knowing them or anything. So I'm going to go umm bye." I say and I get up and leave.

I grab an apple and a juice box from the canteen part of the cafeteria and go sit at a picnic table outside. I feel a lot less nervous outside.

That's when 2 people from the Cullen family come up to me.

"We heard what you said in the cafeteria and we just wanted to say thank you nobody's done that for us ever." Says the short girl with a pixie cut.

"Yeah it means a lot to all of us. I'm Edward and this is Alice do you mind if we sit with you" says Edward.

"Sure and ummm it's no problem if it was me I would want someone to do the same". I say because I know that one day it might be me. "Oh umm I'm Caroline by the way" I say.

"Oh yeah we know everyone one is talking about how you stood up to Jessica no one has done that before" says Alice.

Uh oh people are talking about me. That makes me uneasy I put the apple down. I lost my appetite. Now I'm nervous again.

Will people be looking at me when I go back inside? Edward looks at me and says "well not everyone was talking about you it was really only Jessica's table and my family's so you have nothing to worry about."

What he says calms me a bit I open the juice box and say "thank you." Alice looks a bit confused.

"For what" she says. "Oh umm just for saying that umm not everyone was umm talking about me" I tell her while looking down.

"You don't like having everyone talk about" She assumes. "Yeah" I say.