Pancakes?

The last bell of the day rings I pack my stuff up.

"You ready to go?" Mike asks me.

We sat together in all of our classes that we had together today. I finish packing up.

"Yes." I say. We start to walk to his parents store.

"Are you nervous?" He asks once we are out of the school.

"A little." I say honestly.

"Well there's no reason to. My dad works on weekends with my brother me and my mom work during the week and now so do you." He says.

That does calm me knowing that it'll just be the three of us.

"Ok thank you." I say. We walk in silence for a few seconds.

"13.50$ an hour for 3 hours for 5 days a week." That's what Mike says.

"Wow I'm not even going to try to do the math." I say.

"Yeah it builds up to a lot and since we are minors there almost no taxes taken off." He says.

"So we start at 4pm and work till 7pm?" I ask just to make sure I have it right.

"Yea and my mom is very flexible on when you work. So if something comes up just call the store." Mike says.

"Thanks." I say.

We arrive at the store and go in. Mike leads me to a small room in the back where we put our school bags.

We walk out to the front of the store and I walk to his mom.

"Hi Karen." I say.

"Hello Caroline, you look very beautiful today. It is a beautiful day after all." Karen, Mikes mom says.

"Thank you. Ummm I was wondering what I should do?" I ask her.

"I'll show you how to work the cash register and if they're are no costumers you can help me out over here." She says.

"Ok." I say.

After my first day at work I walked home and it was starting to get darker outside.

I went up to my bedroom and then I heard a knock on the window.

I look and it's Edward I open up the window and he comes inside.

"Hello Caroline." He says.

"Hi Edward." I say.

"How was school today." He asks.

"It was good. I stuck with Mike most of the day." I tell him.

"Why would you do that?" He asks.

"Because I need at least one friend that isn't a vampire." I say and laugh.

I think he knows I am joking.

"Esme wants to know what your favourite cake flavour is?" He asks for her.

"I like vanilla. With purple icing." I say.

"Purple icing?" He asks.

"Yea but it doesn't have to be purple that's just my favourite colour." I tell him.

"Ok purple icing it is." He says.

"Caroline!!" Charlie yells.

"I'm coming." I yell back.

Then I kiss Edward.

"See you tomorrow." I say then run down to Charlie.

"Yea?" I say as I enter the kitchen.

"Bella's mom Renee called. She wanted to say that Bella will becoming sooner then later. Because something about Phil's career." He explains.

"Who's Phil?" I ask.

"Not sure probably Renee's boyfriend." He says.

"Ok. Do you know how soon?" I ask.

"The end of the month." Charlie says.

"Oh I wasn't expecting this soon." I say.

"Yeah I wasn't either kiddo." He says.

Then I notice the smell of something. I look behind him and on the counter is good.

"Did you cook supper?" I ask.

"Yep I did." He says.

"It looks good." I say.

"It might look good but it doesn't taste good." He says.

"Can I try some?" I ask.

"Yeah but I warned you." He says.

I take a bite and all I taste is salt. It's so dry and has lots of salt.

"It's good." I say not wanting to hurt his feelings.

"No it's not." He says.

"Ok your right this is horrible what we're you trying to make?" I ask.

"Pancakes." He says.

"These don't look or taste like them. Sorry." I say.

"It's fine. Maybe you could teach me later how to make pancakes." He says.

"Sure." I say.

"I'll make us sandwiches." I say.

Then I make myself and Charlie a turkey sandwich.

"Wow this is the best Turkey sandwich I've ever had." He says.

"Thank you." I say.

Once we finish our sandwiches I tell him goodnight and I go get ready for bed.

I grab a book and start reading. I fall asleep sometime during reading. I'm not sure when but I wake up with a book on my face.

I look at the time. 11:30 pm I've only been asleep for an hour.

I get up and go to the bathroom. I get back to my room and I realize someone is in my room they came in through the window.

"Hello?" I ask to the person standing there.

"Hi Caroline." The person says.

I recognize the voice.

"Rosalie?" I ask.

"Yea, I hope it isn't a bad time but I had a lot of fun shopping with you and I was wondering if we can do it again. I don't have any friends that aren't my family so I thought maybe." She says.

"That sounds like a great idea. Can we talk more tomorrow I'm tired." I say.

"Ok. Tomorrow." She says.

"Carlisle wants you to come over tomorrow when you can. I think he found something about your blood."  She says and leaves out the window.

I kind of forgot that Carlisle was running tests on my blood.

I wonder what he found. I lay back down and fall asleep.

Authors note- This chapter is kind of plain not much happens. Stuff will be happening soon. Next part should be out by Tuesday.