The candle

I wake up and something seems different.

I can't place it by I feel more connected to something, I don't know what.

I decide to go down for breakfast in my pyjamas.

"Happy 16th birthday Caroline!" Charlie says as soon as he sees me.

"Thank you Charlie." I say.

"I have to head to work but first here's your present." He says.

Then he hands me a rectangle shaped box.

"Thank you." I say.

"You should try to thank me after you open it." He tells me.

I unwrap the present and it's a candle. I know why he got this candle specially.

"Your mom when she turned 16 she got her first candle from her mom. And it kept going back like that. Her mom gave her a candle. Her mom got a candle from her grandma. I don't know why but it is like a tradition for the women in our family." Charlie explains.

"Thank you so much Charlie. Mom had candles like these around the house growing up." I say while smiling.

"I have to head to work now. See you later have a good day." He says.

"Bye Charlie thank you." I say.

He leaves and I get ready for school. I want to light the candle while I get ready.

I can't seem to find a match. I really want to light that candle.

When I turn around to put the candle in my room the candle is lit.

What the hell. How did that happen. Is someone else in the house.

"Edward!" I yell out.

No answer.

I look around the house and there's no one. I hear a knock at the door. I go answer it.

It's Rosalie just her.

"Rosalie come with me." I say and start walking to where the candle is.

"I got it as a present from Charlie. And I wanted to light the candle but I turned around to find a match and I couldn't. There was no match. Then when I turned around it was lit. I didn't light it I don't know how this happened. There is no one else. Charlie left after he gave it to me." I say.

I'm kind of freaking out.

"Hey it's ok. We'll figure it out. I'll call Carlisle right now." Rosalie says.

I blow out the candle. We get in her car first. Then as she is driving us she calls Carlisle and puts him on speaker phone.

"Carlisle there was no one else they and that candle it just lit." I explain to him.

"Well you're coming over after school bring that candle." He tells me.

"Ok." I say.

"Bye Carlisle see you later." Rosalie says.

Jessica is back at school today. I'm sitting in class and I have to go to the bathroom.

I am a little scared to go. What if she follows me into the bathroom and hurts me again.

It's the last class before school ends. There's 20 minutes. I decide to wait until I get to work.

I'm only at work for 2 hours because Karen wanted me to have time to celebrate my birthday.

I tried to tell her that I was fine working til 7. But she insisted I go home and enjoy my birthday.

I thanked her multiple times. Then I did leave. I went outside and Edward was there waiting.

"Hi Edward." I say then I kiss him.

"You ready to go?" He asks.

"Yep." I say.

We drive to Charlie's house so that I can get changed and grab the candle.

While I'm in my room I see the present that Billy and Jake got for me.

I decide to open it. There's a note on top. The note says.

I worked hard to make this I hope you like it -Jake.

He made it. I open it and it's a necklace. With a wolf pendant. I decide to put it on with my dress.

I grab the candle and put it in my bag. Then run out to the car where Edward is waiting.

"I realized something while you were inside. I haven't been able to hear your thoughts all day now." He tells me.

That's odd.

"Do you know why?" I ask. "No but we should tell Carlisle everything. Oh and happy birthday Caroline." He tells me.

"Ok and thank you." I say.

We get to there house and there is decorations inside and outside.

"Is this why I haven't seen Alice in awhile?" I ask.

"Oh yes she has been very busy." Edward tells me.

We go inside and everyone is waiting by the door.

"Happy 16th birthday Caroline!" They all yell.

"Thank you." I say while laughing.

"And Alice an amazing job with the decorations." I tell her.

"Well I had some help." She says.

"Ok Caroline let's talk in my office now then we can all watch you eat cake and open presents." Carlisle says.

"Ok." I say.

Rosalie and Edward come with me. We get to his office and we all sit down.

"Ok Caroline I want you to take out the candle." Carlisle says.

"Ok." I say.

Then I take the cream coloured candle out of my bag and put it on his desk.

"It looks like a normal candle. Do you remember what you were doing while it lit?" Carlisle asks.

"Yes I was looking for a match." I say.

"Try to do everything your were doing and everything you were thinking again." Carlisle tells me.

I stand up and I turn around and start looking for a match like I was this morning.

Then I start to think what I was thinking this morning.

I really want this candle to light.

Then I turn around. It's lit.

"Wow." Rosalie says.

"Carlisle did she do that?" Edward asks.

"I think she did." He says.

"What does this mean?" Rosalie asks.

"You are a witch." Carlisle says.

"What?!?" I ask.

"Well I don't know for sure yet. But it would make sense about your blood test. And why none of us can smell your blood. And why Edward can't hear your thought." Carlisle explains.

I might be a witch.

"Ok. Let's think about this tomorrow. Right now let's go see everyone else." Rosalie says.

I agree with her.

Authors note- I will try to post another part by Tuesday.