Dress shopping

I wake up and check the time it's 8:30.

I have an hour until I have to be at the Newton's sporting store.

I go and take a shower. I step into the steaming hot water and think of last night.

That kiss was my first kiss. It was a good kiss no it was fantastic.

Ever since I moved to Forks I've felt this connection to Edward that's different than any other.

I let the water run over my face. I wash my hair and body then get out.

I get dressed in a nice outfit. I make breakfast. After breakfast it's 9am I decide to leave because if anything I'll be early which is better then late.

I don't want to be late.

I put on my shoes and realize I only have this one pair of boots.

That are nice boots but I was hoping I had shoes that didn't go past my ankles.

Oh well. I head out the door.

Charlie's already gone he told me he was going to the reservation to see Billy.

I start walking it's not that far of a walk.

I get to there store and now I am so nervous. I'm trying to calm down when Mike comes out of the store.

"Hey Caroline are you ready?" Mike asks. I take a deep breath and exhale.

"Yeah I think so." I say. Me and Mike walks in together.

Mike shows me around because his parents are helping 2 customers.

I see the customers leave and me and Mike walk up to his parents.

"Hi I'm Caroline." I introduce myself.

"Hi I'm Karen and that's Mike's dad Mr.Newton." Mikes mom Karen says.

"Hi." Mr. Newton says.

They asked me a few questions then said the job was mine if I wanted it.

I wanted it.

"Thank you so much. When do I start?" I ask.

"Tomorrow after school." Karen says.

"Ok thank you." I say.

Mike walks me out.

"I work tomorrow after school too we can walk together. If you want?" Mike says.

I think for a second. It would be nice to have another friend.

I will see Mike there anyways.

"Yeah sure." I say.

Then a familiar car pulls into the parking lot. I see it's Alice. She gets out and walks towards us.

"Hi Caroline I was wondering if you want to come over?" Alice asks.

"Yeah sure." I answer her.

"Bye Mike see you tomorrow!" I say.

"Yeah bye!" Mike says.

I walk to Alice's car with her.

"Congratulations Caroline I knew you could do it." Alice says.

"Yeah thanks. I thought I should get a job incase Charlie kicks me out one day." I tell her and get in the car.

I put on my seat belt. "Oh I'm sure he won't kick you out. Even if he did you would live with us seeing as your Edward's mate." She says.

Mate? "What do you mean mate?" I ask.

"Oh he didn't tell you. It's like a connection that's super deep sort of and you don't have it with just anyone it makes it special." She explains.

That explanation explains so much. Why I always felt comfortable with Edward.

"Thank you Alice." I say.

We arrive at the Cullen's house. I see Rosalie and Esme in the kitchen.

"Where's everyone else?" I ask.

"They're out hunting. I thought we could have a girls day." Alice says.

"Ok. What are we going to do?" I ask.

"Well Alice says that it's your birthday on Thursday and we wanted to throw a small party for you. It would just be our family." Esme says.

"So we thought we could go dress shopping." Rosalie says.

Rosalie is smiling. I wonder if she likes me.

"Yeah ok. I don't have any money with me so we'd have to stop at Charlie's house first." I say.

"No I'll pay for it. You're one of my children now." Esme says.

"Thank you." I say.

Esme makes me feel the love that my mom used to give me.

We leave the house and get in the car. Esme drives and I sit with Rosalie in the back.

We talk a bit about my past and I tell them why my parents kicked me out.

I start to cry silently.

I wipe the tears away and don't let anymore fall.

I think they noticed but they aren't saying anything.

"I'm sorry your parents suck." Rosalie says.

"Yeah." I say quietly.

We get to a dress store in port angles.

Authors note- I meant to post this last night but I fell asleep. And I completely forgot until now sorry. Next chapter by Wednesday.