Chapter 7

Fleamont Potter was dead. The body of Fleamont Potter layed next to the dining table, right behind where James, Regulus and Peter would sit to eat Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner since their arrival Sunday evening.

His pale, dead body layed spread across the floor, he seemed to have encountered trauma to the head. Near his head, there was a pool of mostly dry blood, next to the body was a brass candlestick, one that previously sat on the dining room table, in the centrepiece.

Not again. No, it had to be another nightmare, they were dreaming. They dreamt that themselves, the Crouch's and the Black family were all murdered and now they were dreaming that Fleamont was bludgeoned to death.

"Dad..." James mumbled. The air felt thin.

No one knew what to do. They were in shock. Sirius knelt beside James and Euphemia, being closer to the family than the others.

Regulus couldn't help but stay frozen in a spot. You don't normally question if it's a dream while in a dream, do you? He doesn't recall so, which is why he could only assume that it was real, Fleamont Potter was dead.

He had to have died while they were in Diagon Alley, that was during a span of nearly four hours and on top of that, they spent the past hour watching a movie.

Remus was the first to move away, he turned the corner away from the dining room so that he didn't have to stare at the place, cold dead body of his friend's dad, Peter joined him after just a few minutes.

They stayed like that for what felt like days but was more like an hour, they were in too much shock. The teens had thought that they were done with the murder, the nightmare was over, but maybe it had just begun.

Euphemia, pulling herself together, grabbed her wand to summon aurors. No one even stopped to think about the fact that whoever did this to Fleamont could still be in the manor, they could have been in grave danger but that stayed forgotten.

A Patronus was sent off to the ministry in urgency, it might be too late for them to do anything but they'd search the house for any potential threats before they went along with their day of grieving the loss of Fleamont.
___

"Miss, as I just explained, there is no sign of any intruders in the house, there's no DNA left and no magical trace. We can only assume it was a suicide," The detective said sincerely.

"NO, No. That is not what happened, look again!" Euphemia demanded.

"Miss Potter, I understand you're struggling to believe it-" The man was interrupted by Euphemia.

"No, you do not understand! I said. Check. Again."

"You said you went into town, and he decided to stay back, why was that?" The detective asked.

"I already told you, he was busy with work!" Euphemia was frustrated.

"Do you know what exactly he was working on?"

"How is this related to locking up whoever killed my husband!?" She cried.

"I'm just doing my job-"

"Well, do it better!"

Euphemia wasn't taking any crap from the detectives, maybe later on she'd realize that they were trying to help but she couldn't see straight. Her head was spinning and the detectives were talking as if things could go back to normal, as if her husband hadn't died.

The teens had been banished to the sitting room which was the first place checked for intruders, now that the whole house was searched thoroughly, they were allowed to go where they pleased, but they didn't move. They didn't bother talking, they just picked a spot to stare at and stuck to it.

The detectives didn't leave until ten at night, it wasn't like anyone was going to sleep that night anyways.

The house was determined to be safe, although it didn't feel safe. Even if Euphemia wasn't still recovering from a horrible murder-filled nightmare like the five teenagers were, any squeak in the floorboards made her jump.

Fleamonts body had been transported to a morgue but there was still an outline of where his body layed, it was cast on by a spell which would wear off within five to ten days, until then, there was a constant reminder on the dining room floor there to mock them.

Euphemia closed both wooden doors that lead into the dining room and she planned on never reopening those doors again.

Euphemia sat down in silence with the teens, they stayed like that for a while before she spoke up.

"Why don't you kids head on up to bed, it's been a long day," She whispered, her voice cracking in the process.

"But mom-" James began.

"No, all of you, up to the bed," She had tears streaming down her face. Deciding not to argue with her, James stood up and walked over to his mom, giving her a comforting hug, which they stayed in for a good minute before he began his way upstairs. His four friends followed sorrowly, not making a noise. They all kept their heads low, not daring to make eye contact.

That night they all layed in bed in their clothes of the previous day, just hoping that they'd wake up from this nightmare, maybe they were still at Hogwarts, maybe the holidays hadn't even begun.

Peter and Remus had both forgotten to turn off their lights that night, James hadn't even turned his light on when he entered his room. Instead, James walked through his dark room and didn't stop until he ran right into his bed, letting himself collapse on top of his covers.

Euphemia didn't dare enter her room. She stayed in the sitting room all night, lost in thought. She was scared that if she were to enter the room in which she shared with her now-dead husband, she'd never get up. She'd lay in bed for the rest of her life, unmoved. But she couldn't do that. She couldn't abandon her sons.

She couldn't abandon James or Sirius. They needed her, and so did Regulus, Remus, and Peter.