The lost rose chapter 16

Prologue Chapter 16: Egos Clashing

'I wanna be me, me, me I don't wanna be somebody just wanna be me be me'
.
.
.
Recap:
"Well, I am not gonna get expelled so I am going in no matter what!" The blue boy said as he ran straight for the monster.
.
.
.
Location: Dwarf's mines-interior

"Begone! Begone! Begooone!" The monster yelled at us as he hit Deuce " Aw, crap! He got loosey-deucey on the ropes! Not on my watch! Heeyah!" "Rrrooarrgh!!" the monster groaned as Ace hit the Moster with magic which only made the monster angrier and hit Ace right in the gut and all ace could say was oof on impact. "Myaah! Stay away from me!" yelled Grim as he lit the monster on fire. "It like nothin's even hurtin' it!" Grim said, "... Huh?!" Yuu questioned. " Behind the monster! There's something sparkling in the mineshaft!" Ace yelled, "could that be the mage stone?!" Deuce questions trying to figure out what is sparkly behind the monster. "GWAAAH! Nooo give you stooooone!" the monster screams at us " Yuu, Isabella let's book it, and fast! That thing's gonna pound us into tuna paste!" little Grim yelled. I grab him as he tried to run away. "Oh no, you don't not without me!" I yelled " retreat!!!" Yuu yelled to the two boys who have been beaten up. "Grrrawww!!!!!!!" the monster yelled behind us as we ran away.

Location:
Dwarf's mine-silent woods

"This should be far enough, I think?" Grim yelled as he was out of breath from how far we ran. "Owww... what was that thing? No one said there'd be anything like that!" Ace said in a frantic tone. "That was no normal ghost, that's for sure." The boy named deuce said this reminded me of a story I had heard in a book I had picked up recently from the school's library " I think I know what it is. I read somewhere that there is a monster named Sleepy it guards the mine so that way the stones can grow and form new mage stones." I said trying my best to try and remember the story correctly. "Let's just give up and go home. I'll happily take the expulsion if it means never having that thing again."

"What?! nuh -uh not happening! I'd rather die than get expelled from Night Raven!" Deuce told Ace " I agree this is ridiculous I worked hard on my application and I will not be kicked out because of you boys and your testosterone." I said to them shocking all except Yuu you were not amused by our conversation. "How can you give up the stone right then and there?" Deuce said. "Big talk from someone who's not even half the mage I am. You want that stone so bad. Get it yourself. I'm out." Ace said "oh yeah?! Fine, go back to your coop, you big chicken!" Deuce said practically pushing me and Grim out of the way to yell at him as ace walks away. "Whoa, Deuce... is it just me, or did you like turn into a totally different person just now," Grim said looking at the boy in bewilderment. "Huh?! *cough* *cough* sorry Lost my cool for a second there." Deuce said trying to cover up whatever that was.

"So now what?" Yuu said trying to solve a problem rather than cause more like the others. "Can't you guys just blow that thing up with magic?" Grim questioned me, Ace, and deuce. "Using magic at a greater scale, or using different types of magic- those things require training." deuce said. "Yeah, that's why magic academies exist. It takes a lot of training before you can snap your fingers and turn your thoughts into magic. And the more flustered you are the more likely you are to make mistakes." Ace lectured everyone as I started to file my nails bored from the lecture on something I already know. " oh I'd assumed spellcasting just came naturally." Yuu said which made me look up in disbelief how would that come naturally? " nope although if the magic' your specialty you can use it more intuitively." Ace explained to Yuu as Deuce started to get restless.

"Anyway, we need to find some way to defeat that creature and get the mage stone." Deuce said "yeah. Just like the chandelier, right? You 'found some way' and now here we are." Ace once again taught us. As Ace continued his conflict with Deuce I started to think of a plan to get us that mage stone because I am not leaving until I get it. About five minutes have passed and then I see everyone leave to the entrance of the cave obviously someone had an idea and that is better than nothing.
.
.
.
To be continued

Thank you for reading it means a lot don't forget to vote and tell me your favorite part in the comments