Making Good On Your Promise - Steve Harrington x Fem!Reader

Nearly an hour that had to be a record for him, he'd been so fussy these last couple of weeks. Refusing to go to bed, then refusing to go to sleep unless she laid with him and then that resulted in her having to sneak out in an attempt not to wake him. She loved him with all her heart but she wishes he'd just go to sleep without all the fuss.

Steve was laid out on the bed in only a pair of boxers when she entered the room, clearly the girls hadn't given him such a hard time but then again they were older. It's not like Steve hadn't tried to help either but Matt wanted his mom instead.

"Was starting to think you'd deserted me" he teased, always trying to make her smile. He shuffled to the edge of the bed so that his feet were planted on the floor then opened his arms to her. Without argument she stepped between his legs and let her body melt against him as he wrapped his arms around her, within seconds she could feel the tension leave her body. It was something that always surprised her in the beginning of their relationship, how quickly he could put her at ease but now that they were married with kids she had realised that he was her comfort, her home.

"I don't remember the girls being as bad as him when it came to putting them to bed" she sighed, face buried in his neck so her voice came out as more of a mumble that she's surprised he understood.

"I don't think they were, they had their moments but it never took an hour" he chuckled, hands moving to softly run up and down her back that made her shiver.

"You're their favourite though, they've always been daddy's girls" she smiled, pulling back but not far enough that his hands left her back. It was true, both Amy and Megan had such a sweet relationship with their dad and she knew they loved her but it was always Steve.

"I can think of someone else who is daddy's girl" Steve smirked, his hands sliding further down from her back to her bum and squeezing the flesh hidden under her leggings.

"Steve" she gasped trying to look annoyed but the blush and the way her lips twitched in an attempt to stop them from pulling into a smile was enough for him to see through her pretence.

"Come on let me help you relax, it's been a while since we've had some time to ourselves and I miss you" he pouted, tilting his chin up and smiling when she leaned down to kiss him, giving into him.

6 weeks later

"Baby where are you?" Steve's voice is hoarse with sleep and she can just picture the way his hand is searching for her in the empty side of the bed. Though she's in no fit state to reply, her body hunches over the toilet bowl as she empties the contents of her stomach into it. 

It's not long later that she can hear the soft padding of Steve's feet as he exits the bedroom and makes his way along the hall to the bathroom. She looks up to see him standing in the doorway, hands rubbing against his eyes as he blinks away sleep although it's all forgotten when he sees her.

"Again" he says, his voice soft as he crouches next to her, hands fussing with her hair until he's got it pulled back out of the way. He holds it in one hand as the other rubs her back soothingly, "it's the fourth day you've woken up like this, maybe you should go see the doctor" he suggests.

She sighs, he's right that she should probably make an appointment although she thinks she's figured out what may be the problem.

"Steve could you do me a favour on your way home from work" she mumbles, sitting back on her heels and leaning into Steve's chest. She can feel his words rumble in his chest when he speaks, telling her that he'll do anything she wants. "Can you pick up some pregnancy tests?" She asks, feeling his body tense behind her.

"Wait really" Steve sounds a mixture of confused and happy, the thought of another little one running around made his heart swell. He was so lucky to have found someone like her to share this life with and he was sure to tell her.

"Now don't get too excited, this may just be a false alarm and I might just be ill" she reminded him, omitting the fact that just yesterday she had realised she had missed her period.

When she had finally managed to peel herself away from Steve, who had decided that he wanted to cling to her like a koala, life carried on as normal. She ushered Steve out the door at his usual time so that he wouldn't be late for work, she got the girls ready for school without any arguments which was a blessing and managed to drop them off at school on time before taking Matt to visit her mom.

The whole day had been going perfectly but she couldn't help the nerves as it drew closer to the time Steve usually got home. She knew he would expect her to take the test as soon as he got in, too excited for him to think about anything else but she had dinner to sort, kids to bathe and then put to bed before she would even allow herself to think about it.

"Daddy" the kids shouted, running off towards the door as Steve stepped through it, automatically crouching down and opening his arms ready to wrap them all in a hug. They babbled happily about their day, telling Steve everything they had done and he listened eagerly, asking questions here and there, making them giggle and usually she would be watching taking it all in, their happy little faces but today she was a little distracted.

Steve noticed, he always did and once he'd promised the kids he would be back he made his way over to her. "How're you feeling baby" he asks, his front pressing against her back as his hands slide around her waist to rest against her belly.

"M'alright" she mumbles, her eyes focused on preparing tonight's dinner, "did you get them?" She asks, knowing he knew what she was referring to.

"On the table by the door, out of the way of little hands" he chuckles, pressing a kiss to her cheek before asking if she wants any help.

Shaking her head she replies, "I've got this but I think the kids are waiting" she smiles, nodding her head in the direction of the kids playing, though she can see them looking over at the two of them. Steve smiles, pulling away laughing about how duty calls before leaving her with one last kiss and making his way over to them.

Dinner goes without a hitch and bedtime goes as smoothly as it can with only one little wobble of Amy not wanting to sleep but before she knows it she's locked herself in the bathroom with the familiar package in her hands. She can hear Steve on the other side of the door whining about her not letting him in and she has to remind him to be quiet so as not to wake the kids. While he does quieten his complaints, she can still hear him,

"I'm only peeing on a stick, it's not that exciting" she groans but lets him in once she's finished anyway.

They sit on the cold bathroom floor as they wait, Steve leaning against the cupboards with her in-between his legs, "how long do these take again" he asks as he checks his watch.

"About five minutes I think the box said so it should be anytime now" she mumbles, still nervous for the results even though they've done them before. "Should we check it now"

Steve glances down at his watch again before looking back up to her, "I'd say so" he smiles, his excitement building again and she can't help it, she smiles because his excitement is infectious.

Taking the test in her hands she looks down seeing the two little red lines she's seen three times before, "well it looks like you're getting closer to your dream" she smiles, holding the test out for him to see for himself.

Only he doesn't take the test, instead he pulls her back to him, peppering kisses on her face, "I love you and I love our little family" he smiles in-between kisses.

"I love you too Steve" she smiles back, knowing that their life is going to get a little more chaotic but with him by her side everything would work out.