A Night For Us - Eddie Munson x Fem!Reader

It had been a while since her and Eddie had really had any alone time together, sure they were married and they lived in the same house together, slept in the same bed every night but recently it felt more like they were just two ships passing in the night. They had fallen into the routine of him sleeping until late after not getting in until the early hours of the morning, while she was up early for work and usually asleep by the time Eddie got home. It wasn't like she really had to work either because god knows Eddie made more than enough for the both of them to live comfortably without any worries but it was more the fact that she wouldn't know what to do with herself if she was stuck home alone with nothing to do. She was also fiercely independent and hated asking Eddie for any money, even though he had no problem with supporting the both of them.

So, when the text came through while she was at work to say that they had dinner reservations for that night, she struggled to contain her excitement for finally being able to spend some time with her love.

By the time she'd gotten home, she was so lost in thoughts of what the night would bring that she almost missed the big bouquet of flowers and ribbon tied box that sat on the table in their kitchen. It seemed that Eddie really was intent on spoiling her and she couldn't come up with any other reason why than because he wanted to. The thought made her heart flutter because even after all these years of being together, it proved he still loved her just as she loved him and that even despite their busy lives they had not become like many other married couples who only stayed together because of children or because they felt like it was expected of them to, just like her own parents.

She pulled on the delicate ribbon holding the box together, watching it slip away at the slightest pull before it pooled at the sides of the box. Lifting the lid carefully, she pulled it away to reveal a small envelope resting on a bed of tissue paper and while it was tempting to bypass it to get to the present right away, she held off and reached for the envelope.

To my darling wife.. The envelope read and she could already feel her smile growing bigger than she ever thought was possible as she pulled the card out. I've missed you so much lately that I couldn't help myself. The car will be there at 7 to pick you up. Eddie x

After reading through the card a few times, she finally set it down on the table before her shaky hands reached for the wrapping, undoing it carefully so not to rip anything and when it was pulled away, she saw the neatly folded read satin fabric that she had no doubt was the dress she had pointed out to him a few weeks ago, the same dress that she was saving up to buy herself for their anniversary. Lifting it out the box and admiring the way the satin fell in waves, she held it against her body and tried to imagine how it would look on. Not that she would have to imagine for long as one glance at the clock told her she had exactly two hours before she was picked up so she had to be quick.

Racing up to their room she laid the dress out on the bed in hopes that it wouldn't crease in the time it took her to get ready before she made a beeline for the bathroom, showering quicker than she ever had before. Afterwards, she found herself sitting in front of the vanity she had in the bedroom with nothing on but her robe which was beginning to look a little tatty now that she’d had it so long but she refused to get rid of it no matter how many times Eddie suggested she get a new one. The main reason she refused is because it held fond memories of the night before their wedding, the material embroidered with the words ‘Future Mrs Munson’ always brought back the feelings of the nerves she felt but also the joy of being with her bridal party talking about the new chapter she was beginning in her life and god if she only knew how crazy life was going to get when Eddie and the band took off but she wouldn’t change a thing about it.

One look at the clock told her she would need to hurry if she was going to be ready on time as it seemed her sentimental thoughts had lasted a lot longer than she thought, though there would be plenty of time for that once they were at the restaurant. She made quick work of her hair, drying it and styling it were like second nature to her as she did it most days, however it was the makeup that she knew was going to take time as most days she opted for the minimal look, a little bit of foundation, mascara and lip gloss was all she used but on nights like tonight she liked to take her time applying it so that she didn’t make a mess off it.