Ice Skating - Robin Buckley x Fem!Reader

“Are you sure this is a good idea?” She asks as they take the skates from the counter and make their way over to the benches so they can change from their outside shoes.

“Of course, why wouldn’t it be” Robin smiles a little shakily as she heaves the skates onto her feet, her legs shaking while she sits so she can’t understand how she’s going to stand in them let alone skate.

“You know just the fact that you’ve already compared yourself to Bambi on ice so I don’t exactly have high hopes for this” she reminds her as she finishes pulling on her own skates.

Compared to Robin she definitely has more experience when it comes to ice skating, her parents bringing her every December for as long as she can remember but it’s not like she is super talented with it, it’s more like she is good enough in the sense that she can keep her balance and not fall over every two seconds like she’s expecting from Robin but who knows she may surprise her.

“You ready, Bambi?” she teases, noting the way Robin stands on even shakier legs than when she was sitting.

“I’m never gonna live that name down am I?” she questions, gaining some semblance of balance before she gazes down at her still sitting on the bench, sighing when she shakes her head. “Fine but Steve doesn’t have to know, got it” she adds, knowing that he would never let her live the nickname down and he’d use it any chance he got just to get on her nerves.

“Got it” she laughs, standing up and linking her arm with Robins mainly just to give her some support as they make their way over to the rink.

And if she thought Robin was shaky off the ice, then on the ice there were no words to describe it. Robin was holding onto her so tightly that she figured that if Robin slipped then she would go down with her, not that she minded because all the time she spent hanging out with Robin was fun even if it did have to be under the pretence of being just friends. Small town and everyone in it, barring their friends of course who had been nothing more than supportive, were so narrow minded that they had no choice to hide their relationship.

So consumed by her thoughts, she doesn’t notice the misstep of her next step until it gets caught on her other skate and she trips. Both of them go down in a mix of limbs and laughs, luckily they are closer to the railings than they are the middle so they can crawl their way out of the way of the other skaters.

“And here I was thinking I was the terrible one” Robin jokes as they haul themselves up off the ice.

“You are” she’s deadpan as she speaks, not wanting to admit that a momentary lapse in concentration is what caused her to fall.

“Hmm well tell that to the bruises I’m going to have” Robin laughs and she can’t help but laugh with her, “now as fun as this is can we go get some hot chocolate now” Robin asks.

“Sounds good” she agrees, linking arms again as they make their way for the safety of the concrete and normal shoes.