One Of Those Nights - Eddie Munson x Fem!Reader

It wasn’t often Eddie was the one seeking comfort or feeling like all the energy had been drained out of him but tonight was one of those nights.

Friday nights were still Hellfire nights even though he and many other of the older members had graduated. They still gathered together for their weekly sessions although they had changed scenery from the drama room to Eddie’s trailer, it was almost comical seeing them crammed into the small space of the trailer that Wayne had willingly agreed for them to use seeing as he worked nights on a Friday.

Even though she was not part of Hellfire, Eddie still insisted she come round while they played. Most of the time she situated herself on Eddie’s bed with a book and the door closed so that she could read in relative quiet as the boys loud voices were muffled slightly by the door between them. She didn’t mind being alone while they played, in fact she eagerly awaited them leaving and having Eddie come in and excitedly tell her the highlights of the night's session. On the rare night that she did join them, she would usually find herself on the couch with Eddie on the floor in front of her, his back resting against her legs as he let - encouraged - her to play with his hair.

Tonight though she was nestled on his bed with her back against the wall, his pillow behind her head as the book rested against her bent legs. She was so engrossed in the book that she missed the sounds of the group saying their goodbyes and making their way out of the trailer leaving him all to her for the rest of the night. However, she didn’t miss the opening of the bedroom door as the sound of it startled her from her book and she certainly didn’t miss how tired Eddie looked. Once glance his way and she saw the slump of his shoulders, the way his steps lacked their usual bounce when he walked and the glazed look in his eyes.

It wasn’t often Eddie looked this drained, usually being in groups of people and doing things he loved energised him in ways that nothing else could. She’d seen him barely make it through the day at school because of how tired he was only to go on stage at The Hideout and finish the set with so much energy that he was practically bouncing off the walls as though he’d had four cups of coffee.

But tonight with his slow movements as he entered his room and kicked off his jeans, getting ready to climb into the bed next to her, she knew there was only one way that tonight would go. Placing her book on his bedside, she shuffled over to make more room on the small bed for him as she adjusted her position so that she was now half laid, half sat with the pillow still behind her head. Opening her arms as a silent invitation to him, she saw the small smile that graced his lips before he slid onto the bed next to her, automatically laying on his side to face her as he rested his head against her chest and his arm across her stomach as he sighed contently.

Once he was comfortable she took the initiative to try and relax him even more, one hand coming to rest over his arm across her stomach as she soothed her fingers across his skin. While her other hand found its place in his hair, gently massaging his head which caused a shiver to run down his spine as he hummed his appreciation to her.

“This better?” she asked softly, knowing that it probably was but wanting to know that it wasn’t too much that it would overwhelm him.

“‘Tis good, thank you” he mumbled, voice muffled by her chest which he had taken to pressing his face into. The action made her smile as his breathing became shallower and she felt his body relaxing into her which had her wondering if he had fallen asleep but his voice in the silence of the room let her know that he hadn’t. “Dustin really did not want to leave tonight, just wanted to keep on talking about the campaign but was too tired, I think Mike could tell as him and Lucas had to practically drag him out the door” he huffed, sounding like a mix between a frustrated sigh and an attempt at a half hearted laugh.

“Sounds about right but he’s a good kid” she speaks quietly, her hands stilling in their movements until Eddie lets out a small whine in protest and she quickly starts again, “but it’s okay to be tired too, though I’m surprised it doesn’t happen to you more often” she teases, giggling as he lifts his head to tiredly glare at her. The small pout on his lips at her teasing only makes her giggle more and she leans down to kiss it from his lips, although the angle makes it kind of awkward but he doesn’t seem to mind if the smile he gives her afterwards is anything to go by.

“Now come on lets get some sleep my handsome boy” she smiles, encouraging him to lay back down and he does. She feels him cuddling further into her, his body slowly feeling heavier in her arms as he lets the sleepiness overcome him and if anything she holds him closer to her as he sleeps. Wanting more than anything for him to feel safe and protected with her just as she feels when it’s the other way around and it’s her nestled in his arms which is most nights that they spend together.

Little does she know that, that is exactly how he feels on nights like these when her arms are securely around him making him feel safe and loved. Nights like these when he has the best nights of sleep that leave him refreshed and full of energy when he wakes. Mornings that follow where he always makes sure to tell her how much he loves her and appreciates that she does that for him, that he appreciates her and the love she shows him everyday. Mornings where it’s impossible to separate the two of them from the little bubble they create where only the two of them exists without any worries or problems just love for the other, no matter how cheesy and cliche it sounds to others, they wouldn’t have it any other way.