Thank You - Eddie Munson x Fem!Reader

The bell had just gone signalling the end of fourth period and as expected the halls became crushed with students hurrying to their next lesson. Being small had its advantages sometimes and this was one of those times as she managed to weave her way through the sea of bodies without getting knocked about too much. Though she still heaved a sigh of relief as she entered the room of her next class, glad to have some space to breathe again.

The classroom was still relatively empty, save the teacher and a few students like herself who were always here earlier than the rest. Sending a smile in response to the greeting from the teacher she slid into her seat at the back of the room. It was quiet there and she much preferred to be there than at the front or even in the middle as it meant she wasn't getting hit with random bits of paper and whatever else some of the idiots decided to throw around. It also meant she could go unnoticed for the majority of the lesson as she was rarely called upon to give an answer and she could just focus on her work which she was happy doing.

As the minutes passed the loud noises of students in the hallway had died down and the classroom was almost full except for the seat next to her. That place belonged to Eddie Munson and it was rare to see him ever on time to a lesson, usually he'd come in about 10 minutes late with some half assed apology that the teacher would scold him for before telling him to take his seat. Though that was never straight forward as on the way through the desks she'd hear the snickers and mutters of 'freak' directed at him as he passed.

It was always a wonder to her why the teachers never said anything to anyone as it wasn't as if they were trying to be subtle in the name calling or though she guessed that it was because the teachers believed the rumours going around about the boy. She didn't believe a word that was said about him being in a cult just because he played some game or because of his tattoos and the music he listened to. It wasn’t as if she'd ever spoken to him or got to know him but just looking at him she could tell that they singled him out because he was different, that he didn't conform or try to pretend to be someone he wasn't but that was what she admired about him, not that she'd ever tell anyone that as she was far too shy to confess that she liked him.

And just like clockwork 10 minutes into the lesson Eddie stumbled through the door of the classroom, ignoring everyone's amusement at his entrance as he made his apology and made his way to his seat, dumping his battered old notebook on the desk as he did.

Forcing her attention away from him and back to the teacher, she tried to focus on what was being said but she couldn't miss the scrambling next to her. She turned to find Eddie looking as if he'd lost something and before she could stop it the words tumbled from her mouth, "everything okay?" She whispered, trying not to draw the attention of the teacher.

Eddie's head turned so fast that she was worried he'd get whiplash, though she couldn’t help but smile at the surprised look in his big brown eyes. "Can't find a pen" he sighed quietly, dropping his backpack onto the floor having given up on doing anything in class today.

"Here, I've got plenty" she smiled sweetly, reaching into the soft pink pencil case that sat on her desk, pulling out a spare pen and handing it to him. This time she did turn to focus on the teacher, trying to avoid a conversation with him knowing she'd either somehow end up embarrassing herself or they'd both get a telling off for talking.

Despite the distraction she managed to catch up on the lesson, praying that she didn’t get called on when it came to the inevitable time, that the teacher loved, to ask questions then pick on anyone she didn’t think was listening. It wasn’t that she didn't know the answer, it was just that she didn't like having everyone's attention on her, knowing that a certain few were willing her to slip up so that they could take pleasure in her failure with a laugh.