Self Care (Mikey X Female! Reader)

Key: (T/F/N)= Toxic Friend's Name

You can't believe you did it! You can't believe you finally got the strength to do it. It's over. Everything was over. The fights, the screaming, the crying.

Yet in some twisted way you felt alone.

But how else were you supposed to feel after cutting off a toxic friendship? At least you still had april and the boys. But you'll miss (T/F/N) no matter how much you pretend you don't.

You would have never had the strength to do it if it hadn't of been for them. But that didn't mean that you were fine instantly after. That's the thing no one ever talks about. That feeling after cutting off a toxic person you've known for a while.

You huffed as you collapsed into your bed looking at your phone reviewing the last messages you had sent. You couldn't stop reading them.

BUZZ.

Your eyes flickered up to look towards the top of your phone at the notification. A text message.

Mikey: How'd it go?

BUZZ.

Mikey: https://youtu.be/uHKfrz65KSU

You sighed clicking on the link to the cat videos. Some of them were cute but the truth was you just didn't have enough in you to laugh. (But you did smile.

(Y/N): not great...

(Y/N): wish Doctor Delicate had been there XD

You sighed placing your phone down to your chest, looking up towards the ceiling. You felt so heavy. You wished you could skip this part and rush right to the one where you felt better and free.

BUZZ.

You picked up your phone to read the message.

Mikey: I know just the thing to make you feel better! BRB!!! XP

You smiled a bit at the message. You assumed he was just going to scorer the Internet for more cute cat videos. No amount of cuteness will make you feel better though.

You put your phone up on your nightstand as you sat up wiping away a few stray tears you hadn't noticed. You were free, that's what matters. But (T/F/N)'s words still echoed viciously inside your mind.

All their sharp comments about your other friends. About Mikey. You had been an idiot confiding in them about your crush on him. They used that as ammunition to try and hurt you when you were letting them go.

"Please! I'm all you really have. They just pity you. That guy you like would never even like you back are you serious about that?"

You frowned at the harsh sentences.

"I'm the best you'll ever do in a real friend. You should thank me for putting up with you." They were like a parasite inside your mind.

You stood up quick to rush to your desk. You had homework to do right? There has to be something to do over here.

"You don't want to do this (Y/N). You'll be loosing the only person who really ever cared about you."

You clenched your eyes shut at the words. It's all a lie. A way to try and manipulate you and you knew that. But it was still hard.

My phone hasn't buzzed in a while.

You peeked open your eyes towards your phone at the thought. What happened to Mikey. You thought he was going to send you some cat videos?