Grim Grinning Ghost! (Mikey X Gender Neutral! Reader)

Key: (F/F/C) = Favorite Fictional Character

Halloween was a magical time of year. Even if you didn't get a day off from school for it the idea was still exciting! A night full of trick or treating followed by dressing up!

The october air in New York was chilly though, and threatened snow, that was the one down fall from it. Dressing up would get canceled, you didn't want to walk around as (F/F/C) with a jacket and flashy boots. It ruined the look!

Still that didn't stop you from wanting to go out this year, especially with a specific turtle in mind. You knew Mikey would be on board with dressing up and just simply going out to trick or treat. So that's what lead you down to the lair now pushed into Donnie's lab as he discussed an idea.

"I suggest we go ghost hunting." Donnie smirked, seeming excited about his own idea.

"Pfft, we all know ghosts aren't real." Leo rolled his eyes seeming disinterested.

You remembered how Leo, Mikey, and April had encountered a ghost like creature not that long ago only for it to be a robot. Mikey still wasn't over his favorite youtuber being a fake.

"I still think there's something!" Mikey crossed his arms looking at you as a cry for help to get him out of this.
"But that doesn't mean I wanna go out there and see it!"

"Mikey's right, why can't we just dress up and go trick or treating?" You were starting to get a little anxious yourself.

"Ah you misunderstand my intentions!" Donnie turned around marveling at a wall full of machines.
"I merely want to test my latest tech in spirit!"

Donnie looked like a mad scientist with the way he was marveling at the odd devices on the wall.

"Did you just make a pun?" Leo snickered leaning against Mikey.
"I think Donnie has finally lost it."

"I did not. I'm just merely stating that I want a challenge for my tech!" Donnie crossed his arms impatiently.

"Do we really have to do this? Can't we test your stuff another way?!" Mikey pushed Leo off of him in his panic.

"Yeah! Like what ever happened to dressing up?" You agreed with Mikey, but you also didn't want to admit you were scared.

"Yeah! We should just go trick or treating like (Y/N) said." Mikey gripped your arm shaking it slightly in his panic. (You had to calm yourself down from that. After all you had the biggest crush on him!)

"I think we should go!" Raph nodded at his decision.
"I think this will be a great uh- th-team! Team building exercise."

He sounded like he was reading something. Did Donnie put him up to agreeing with him?

"What?!" Mikey raised his voice looking towards Leo.
"Come on don't make us go!!"

"Eh I mean it's not that big of a deal. Ghost aren't real anyway." Leo shrugged nonchalantly.
"Plus why would I want to miss out on the fun of the underworld ooo!"

Leo towered over Mikey faking a ghostly moan waving his arms around in an effort to scare his own brother.

"Hey stop that!" Mikey whined now clutching your arm tighter almost hugging you now. You were sort of hiding with Mikey. Leo looked almost like a zombie with the way he was flailing about.

"Relax guys! It'll be fun! Ghosts aren't that scary!" Raph was behind you and Mikey patting you both on the shoulder in an effort to calm you both down.

"Oh no he's lying they are definitely scary but that's the point." Donnie always had to ruin the moment. (Clearly trying to spook poor Mikey more.)
"And how else am I supposed to test my gear?"